About the Program
- Optimize women’s health care by teaching fellows how to recognize and address unique gender-based differences in their individual patients and the population.
- Foster the development of the next generation of physician leaders in women’s health education, care and research..
Women’s Health Care Competencies
- Develop the necessary knowledge and skills to provide competent office-based gynecologic care to women and adolescents.
- Develop the necessary knowledge and skills to provide competent pre-natal care to women.
- Become competent in low risk maternity care.
- Our fellows have each averaged:
- More than 200 C-Sections with more than 100 as the primary surgeon
- More than 50 colposcopies
- Yearly mission trip to Mexico for evaluation and treatment of cervical dysplasia.
Women's Health Faculty
- Gynecology: 6 block
- Obstetrics: 6 block
The program duration is approximately 12 months beginning approximately July 26, 2021 through August 5, 2022
Residents with an interest in the Women's Heath Faculty Development Program at AdventHealth Winter Park are advised to contact the program coordinator to receive more information.
- Board certified/eligible in family medicine.
- Completed application form including references, transcripts and personal statement.
- Ability to obtain DEA registration and Florida medical licensure. prior to employment
- Obtain AdventHealth Orlando Medical Staff Privileges.
- Good academic performance in residency defined on the basis of standardized examination scores and clinical performance.
- Excellent leadership skills demonstrated in residency training or practice.
- Basic Maternity Care
- Minimum of 50 vaginal deliveries (required) and 20 cesearean deliveries
- 10 Colposcopies
- Nexplanon Certification
- IUD Insertions/Removals
- NRP Certification
We’ll Take Care of You
- Salary 75,000 + Bonus
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Continuing education allowance of $2,250
- AAFP, FAFP, and ASCCP membership allowance
- 5 working days for CME
Vacation / Personal Time:
Fellows receive 20 days vacation/ personal/ holiday time each year.
Please send completed application and materials to:
Deadline for receiving applications is September 13, 2020. Final decisions are made by October 30th. After receipt of a complete application, applicants will be notified if a personal interview is required.
Credentialing must be completed before entering the fellowship program.
AdventHealth Orlando Medical Staff Credentialing
(Click on Bylaws and open document titled 2005-10) APMT & (REAPMT)
Medical Staff Office Credentialing
601 E. Rollins Orlando, FL
32803Tel #: Call407-303-1979
- Florida Medical Licensure Application
- Drug Enforcement Administration
United States Department of Justice Drug Enforcement
PO Box 28038-8083
Central Station, Washington DC 20005
Tel #: Call202-307-7255