What We Have to Offer
Advancing patient care through cutting-edge, patient-focused research: That’s our mission at the Dr. Kiran C. Patel Research Institute where we oversee dozens of research studies every year across many clinical disciplines. Finding tomorrow’s breakthrough medical treatments and advancements starts with today’s research.
AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute is nationally recognized for heart and chest pain care by the American Heart Association, the Joint Commission, and the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care.
The Institute works to provide patients better care every day. Consistently among the first in the nation to perform new procedures such as the Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and the Watchman Procedure, patients at the institute have access to the most recent advances in medicine — bringing you new therapies and technologies before they’re widely available.
To better serve our patients, AdventHealth Pepin Heart Institute’s physicians, nurses, technicians, and staff have worked for more than 20 years to create one of the leading cardiovascular programs in the region. Together they’ve performed over 76,000 angioplasty procedures and over 11,000 open-heart surgeries.
The Taneja Center for Surgery brings these new features to AdventHealth Tampa:
- 96 new private patient rooms upon opening, with space to add 36 more
- 24 beds will be Intensive Care level; the remaining 72 will be PCU level
- 18 spacious and state-of-the-art operating rooms upon opening, with space to add six additional ORs
- 72 new pre- and post-op rooms, with space to add 23 additional rooms
- Estimated 117 new clinical jobs created in year one, with 587 new jobs by year five, helping our local economy
- 300,000+ additional square feet (adding to the 1 million square feet on our existing campus)
- Six brand-new floors
- A new main entrance to the hospital, which includes a two-story atrium and lobby with various first-floor amenities
We have 13 blocks rotations in each year with each block being 4 weeks long. Below is the representative schedule for each year of your training. As you can see, most electives are core internal medicine and its sub-specialties. Depending on your career goals we are open to accommodating your requests to tailor it to best fit your needs as much as possible.
There are 13 blocks in each academic year; each block is 4 weeks in length. The above is a representative schedule for each year of training. Although most electives are internal medicine sub specialty electives, the hospital plays host to a robust repertoire of other specialties as well, and we routinely allow motivated residents to pursue electives like interventional radiology, ophthalmology and dermatology. Additionally, we allow a maximum of one offsite elective per year of training, at the PGY 2 or 3 level. *A board review course is mandatory in PGY 3.
- Morning Sessions
- Afternoon Sessions