Flourish Inaugural Year 2018-2019
Our inaugural year of this resident wellbeing initiative involved a 6-week small groups program, that focused on the CREATION Health principles of wellness. Each group meeting focused on core principles: choice, trust, interpersonal relationships, and outlook. The format of the groups included education, discussion, experiential art, and self-reflection activities.
Residents from each program in the AHS Central South Division attended these 90-minute groups for six weeks over a four-month period. Those who consented completed a survey package of validated measures administered by AdventHealth Whole Person Research.
Key findings from the Flourish pilot:
- Improvements in trust (72.4%) and communication skills (74.5%) were reported among residents
- Many reported to like the small group format
- Residents prefer to have autonomy and the ability to choose how they integrate self-care
Here's what is new this year:
- Freedom to choose from a variety of programs
- Skill-based group offerings (e.g. cooking classes and a financial seminar)
- Flexibility of time offerings
- CREATION Life Incentives (receive points towards the $250 bonus)
Counseling and Psychotherapy
We offer professional, evidence-based counseling focused on the findings of neuroscience that inform treatment.
Coaching is a process that involves developing and implementing strategies to reach personal and professional goals.
Residency Small Group
Many residents enjoyed the small group format of last year’s Flourish program.
Workshops and Events
Our workshops offer the opportunity to learn, practice new skills, de-stress, connect and have fun.
Unless noted otherwise, all of our workshops, events, and activities listed fulfill the GME requirement and provide points towards the CREATION Health Employees Wellness Incentive. Visit our Events page for more information, including workshop descriptions, dates, times, and locations. To download our full events calendar, which includes full descriptions, click here.
- Educational Workshops
- Experiential Workshops
- Residency Small Groups
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to sign up or register for events/workshops? If so, how do I sign up?
- Do I have to attend any events?
- What happens if I don't meet the 2-event requirement?
- Do all of the CPW's events count towards the GME requirement and the CREATION Life incentive?
- How do I meet the requirement if I am at Winter Park or East?
- Who can I contact?