Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
This short video can give you an overview of our program as well as a look at the ICUs you can rotate through during your time here at AdventHealth.
Our fellowship is located at one site in Orlando. We are a nearly 1300 bed hospital with 156 adult ICU beds. We have a dedicated biocontainment ICU that flexes in size to meet the needs of current/past/future pandemics.
- 52 medical ICU beds
- 20 cardiac ICU beds
- 28 cardiovascular surgery ICU beds
- 8 dedicated ECMO beds
- 20 multidisciplinary surgical ICU beds
- 28 neuro/neurosurgical ICU beds
Medical and Surgical Services
We have a wide range of medical and surgical services, and as a fellow you will be exposed to and learn how to manage:
- Cardiac and pulmonary support devices such as ventilators, impellas, balloon pumps, LVADs, VA and VV ECMO, etc...
- Continuous renal replacement circuits
- Heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplant patients
- Complex oncologic patients
- Shock, shock, and more shock
- The everyday patients of critical care as well as the rare and unusual cases.
We are a quaternary referral center for the region and the state hub of our hospital system
Faculty of AdventHealth Medical Education
Our critical care faculty includes physicians trained in...
- Pulmonary/critical care
- Emergency medicine/critical care
- Anesthesia/critical care
- Surgical/critical care
- Nephrology/critical care
- Neurology/critical care
- Internal medicine/critical care
- Pulmonary/Critical Care
- Internal Medicine/Critical Care
- Emergency Medicine/Critical Care
- Anesthesia/Critical Care
- Neuro/Critical Care
- Medical ICU
- Cardiac ICU
- Multispecialty ICU
- Surgical ICU
- Neurology/neurosurgical ICU
- Cardiovascular Surgery ICU and ECMO Unit
Our program accepts 6 fellows per year. The fellowship is a 2 year ACGME approved program.
We accept applications through ERAS, but we do not participate in the NRMP fellowship match. All of our spots are filled outside of the match on a rolling basis.
Our fellowship is open to applicants with internal medicine or emergency medicine residency training. Applicants who have completed or are completing an ACGME approved internal medicine fellowship are also invited to apply.
There is an additional track available in neurocritical care. More information can be found through the neurocritical care tab at the top.