- Medical Students
- Visiting Residents
- Advanced Practitioners
All medical students, advanced practitioners and visiting residents and fellows must complete the general GME Orientation session prior to the start of their scheduled training on any AdventHealth Orlando campus. This must be scheduled with the Clerkship Coordinator after the appropriate documents have been submitted.
AdventHealth Orlando Graduate Medical Education
2501 North Orange Avenue, Suite 235
Orlando, Florida 32804
Orientation begins promptly at 8:30 am on Monday mornings.
If a holiday falls on a Monday, orientation will take place on Tuesday. You will be emailed a formal confirmation for orientation the week before your start date with further instructions.
- You are required to wear your white lab coat at all times while on the premises of AdventHealth Orlando as well as a temporary ID which will be provided upon arrival.
- Identification badges are to be worn on the upper portion of the chest on the outer garment (except in areas where a sterile environment is required).
- School/Program badges are to be worn in addition to the temporary AdventHealth Orlando Badge.
- You are required to remain with your Preceptor at all times.
- Any breach of this policy is grounds for suspension of your training.
- There is a $10 fee for lost or damaged identification badges.
- AdventHealth Orlando ID Badges must be returned at the end of your training.
What You Will Need
Along with your GME training application, other forms of documentation may be required for a given program. Be sure to submit all necessary materials to be considered for placement.
When applying for fourth year residency audition rotations or clerkship electives through VSLO, you will need to have your CV, personal statement and scores uploaded to your profile for review. If you are approved, you will then upload required documents as directed through the VSLO application service.
We do not use VSLO for international students. We are only able to take international students from specific Caribbean schools where we hold an active academic affiliation agreement. In this case, please go through your clinical coordinator for instructions, as a paper application is necessary.
Third year core rotations are only approved by already established core programs. The onboarding process will be explained once you are scheduled. Third year elective requests require a paper application. Fourth year elective requests outside of VSLO or GME residency programs will also require a paper application.
Additional Helpful Resources
Throughout your clerkship program research, further questions may arise. For more information, please contact Heather Hernadez.
Housing is not provided through AdventHealth Orlando.