To Help Lift You Up
You are strong and resilient. We want to help you channel that. Our Cancer Care team at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, works every day to help thousands in our community face cancer with confidence, and you can trust a facility accredited by the Commission on Cancer. We start by combining our whole-person approach to care with innovative and life-saving procedures to give you the best possible chance at recovery. From brain and digestive cancers to gynecologic and breast cancers, we have cancer treatment options, all tailored to your needs. Because at our Tampa Bay hospital, we put you first.
To Put You on a Path of Healing
- A Comprehensive Team Working to Guide You
Your focus is on healing. We want to help you get there. Your collaborative, extended Cancer Care team may include nurses, oncologists, surgeons, social workers, support groups, clinical-trial experts, and more. We want to make each step in your journey as clear and simple as possible. Our breast cancer patients can benefit from a Personal Navigator to help you schedule appointments, connect with your medical team, and assist with everything from finance questions to family conversations.
- Some of the Most-Advanced Cancer Treatments in Tampa Bay
Find confidence in your care. Find a team you can trust. With world-class specialists and some of Florida’s top cancer treatment options, you can rely on the AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, for truly compassionate, expert care. Along with chemotherapy and surgery, our Don Lau Family Cancer Center offers some of the leading radiation options for more accurate treatment and safer procedures. Your treatment plan may include:
- External beam radiation therapy and intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) both deliver high doses of targeted radiation to help keep non-cancerous tissue healthy.
- High dose rate (HDR), or brachytherapy, delivers precise, high-dose radiation with different types available depending on your needs.
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) is the most-advanced form of radiation available, allowing for the most-precise tumor visualization possible.
- Intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) occurs during a lumpectomy and helps reduce the need for additional breast-cancer radiation.
- Optimal treatment planning using multi-modality image fusion and 3D simulation to better visualize the body and help create the best targeted cancer treatment.
- Pediatric radiation oncology is a program in collaboration with Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital and the AdventHealth Tampa Pediatric Care Center for some of the leading pediatric oncology treatments in Florida.
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy is a safe way to channel high doses of radiation over the course of a few treatments as opposed to many small doses.
- Trilogy RapidArc improves radiation accuracy while shortening treatment time. Our specialists were some of the first in the Tampa Bay area to use the technology.
We also combine our innovative radiation therapies with some of the most-advanced and minimally invasive surgeries to treat digestive cancers, such as esophageal, pancreatic, liver, colon and rectal cancers, gynecologic cancers, and brain cancers. These procedures could include wedge resections, da Vinci robot-assisted hysterectomies, neuroendovascular surgeries, and brain-port image-guided brain surgeries.
- Recognized for Giving You the Best Cancer Care
We always strive to give you the best outcomes. And we’ve been awarded for our triumphs. The Don Lau Family Center for Cancer Care is an Established Center of Excellence and has been nationally recognized for our world-class team of compassionate providers, our advanced treatments and technologies, and our comprehensive approach to care.
Annual Reports include information on statistics concerning care and services provided through the oncology program at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly known as Florida Hospital Tampa.
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.