Every hour you donate, every smile you give, and every conversation you share can change a life. Consider becoming a hospital volunteer at AdventHealth Tampa and donating your time, talents, and generous spirit.
Volunteering is a great opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills, or gain valuable experience in a hospital setting. Volunteers are an integral part of our care team and help us by serving in a variety of roles to enhance the patient and guest experience at our entrance or in various patient care areas.
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
Patient/Visitor Liaison Volunteer
Assists the concierge staff with welcoming patients/visitors, ensuring COVID safety measures, and escorting patients/visitors to their destination.
Patient Experience Ambassador Volunteer
Assists professional staff by conducting patient rounding to enhance the patient/family experience in various patient care settings.
Outpatient Department Support Volunteer
Assists with administrative tasks including stocking, sanitizing equipment, telephone reception, assembling paperwork, etc.
To show our appreciation for your service, we offer volunteers multiple benefits, including:
- Complimentary meal with each four-hour shift
- Complimentary flu shots
- Complimentary initial and annual tuberculosis (TB) tests. Must be at least 18 years of age to receive tests. If you're under the age of 18 you must have your private MD administer the test.
Becoming a hospital volunteer is also a great way to broaden your skills and knowledge, expand your resume, and touch the lives of others while exploring new career opportunities.
Ready to get started? Here are the steps you need to take. Please note: The application process can take four weeks or longer. We also have special programs for teens and college students.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Interview with Volunteer Services.
- Background check for volunteers 18 years and older. The minimum age to volunteer is 16.
- Health screening: drug and TB tests, and immunization records review.
- Assignment of start date, shirt, and badge.
- Complete orientation.
- A flu vaccine is required annually (October through March) and is provided free of charge through Employee Health.
Start by filling out your Volunteer Application today.