Every hour you donate, every smile you give, and every conversation you share can change a life. Consider becoming a hospital volunteer at AdventHealth Tampa and donating your time, talents, and generous spirit.
To show our appreciation for your service, we offer volunteers multiple benefits, including:
- Complimentary meal with each four-hour shift
- Complimentary flu shots
- Complimentary initial and annual tuberculosis (TB) tests. Must be at least 18 years of age to receive tests. If you're under the age of 18 you must have your private MD administer the test.
Becoming a hospital volunteer is also a great way to broaden your skills and knowledge, expand your resume, and touch the lives of others while exploring new career opportunities.
Ready to get started? Here are the steps you need to take. Please note: The application process can take four weeks or longer. We also have special programs for teens and college students.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Interview with Volunteer Services.
- Background check for volunteers 18 years and older. The minimum age to volunteer is 16.
- Health screening: drug and TB tests, and immunization records review.
- Assignment of start date, shirt, and badge.
- Complete orientation.
- A flu vaccine is required annually (October through March) and is provided free of charge through Employee Health.
Start by filling out your Volunteer Application today.