Precision. Accuracy. Expertise.
A picture is worth a thousand words. In our medical imaging department, that’s especially true. When you sustain an injury or experience an illness, pictures help us detect, diagnose, and care for your condition. At AdventHealth Carrollwood, formerly Florida Hospital Carrollwood, you’ll find a wide range of imaging services, from X-rays to mammograms to advanced nuclear medicine. Using the latest imaging technology, we'll do our best to identify your health issue with precision and accuracy, because the first step toward recovery is understanding the problem.
To Bring You Faster, Safer Relief
- Medical Imaging and Radiology Services
When it comes to your health, accuracy is everything. At AdventHealth Carrollwood, formerly Florida Hospital Carrollwood, you’ll find the most-advanced imaging technology. Diagnostic tools like MRIs, CT scans, X-rays, and others help us pinpoint your issue with clarity. Once we’ve uncovered the cause of your problems, we’ll develop a plan to help you heal as quickly and safely as possible.
Imaging and radiology services we offer include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans take specialized pictures of organs, bones, and brains using high-tech computer systems and X-rays.
- Fluoroscopies create moving pictures of the body’s organs, allowing us to see how your organs are functioning.
- Interventional radiology (IR) is a minimally invasive way of detecting medical issues using biopsies and X-rays to create precise images of arteries and veins.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) take pictures of your organs, tissue, and bones and are one of the safest imaging methods because they don’t use radiation.
- Mammograms help us detect breast cancer early and are used as proactive screenings.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to assess your body’s functions and catch diseases like cancer early.
- Ultrasounds use sound waves to take real-time images of the inside of your body.
- X-rays take pictures of the inside of your body and are often used to diagnose bone fractures and breaks.
With a range of medical imaging services, we’re here to help diagnose your problem with efficiency and precision, empowering you to move forward with your care.
- What to Expect During Your Imaging Procedure
You want the answers that come from clear diagnostic tests. But you also want to feel confident in your care. At our medical imaging center, we’ll work with you at each step to make sure you feel as comfortable as possible, before, during, and after your test. We’ll start by talking to you about your medical history, any allergies you may have, and even if you experience claustrophobia.
Each imaging exam is different, and can last between 30 minutes to an hour. For some tests, you may need to change into specific scrubs or gowns and remove any electronic devices or metal jewelry. For others, you may be asked to fast for several hours before. Sometimes, to get a better look inside your body, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we’ll inject it intravenously. Rest assured all of our tests are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, so you won’t feel any pain and most don’t require any recovery period.
With any test, we’ll walk you through, explain each step, and help you feel as comfortable as possible. After your exam, your team of imaging professionals, physicians, and nurses will assess each picture and work to deliver your results as quickly as possible.
- Imaging Services You Can Trust
Our accredited Imaging and Radiology Departments are certified by the American College of Radiology, which means you can depend on us to provide the highest level of accuracy and safety in ultrasound, CT, MRI, mammography, and other services. Additionally, our radiologists and Imaging Care team are board-certified experts. Trust that your care is in capable hands.
- Making Your Life Easier by Offering Multiple Services Under One Roof
We know coming in for a medical imaging test isn’t always convenient. It means taking time out of your day, putting everything else on hold, and traveling to our Carrollwood hospital. But we also know that nothing is more important than your health. That’s why we’ve tried to make the imaging process as streamlined and quick as possible. With special parking outside our Imaging Department, quick turnaround times for those who need imaging services in our Emergency Room, and a one-stop process for scheduling, registration, and discharge, you’ll find that our approach to wellness is straightforward and convenient. We even offer same-day scheduling with same-day results, which means you'll spend less time waiting in our lobby and more time discussing your care with a specialist. We know you can’t wait to start feeling better.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Carrollwood, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.