Advanced Imaging Informs Your Care
Sometimes a picture says it all. With our Imaging Services, that’s especially true. One picture can show us what’s causing you pain, detect a tumor, or tell you if you’re having a boy or a girl. We use imaging tools like X-rays, MRIs, and ultrasounds to help you get a head start on healing, detecting your health issue with precision and efficiency. At AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, our board-certified radiologists and imaging specialists will use their highly specialized expertise in your favor, giving you all the knowledge, information, and support you need to take the next step forward with your care.
With Care That Helps You Heal
- Imaging Services for a Range of Situations
Whether you need an X-ray to evaluate a broken bone, or a mammogram to identify breast cancer early, we’re equipped with advanced tools to help you understand your condition and discover the next steps for your wellness. Imaging and radiology services we provide include:
- Bone densitometry (DXA) scans measure your bones’ density and mineral content, helping us diagnose osteoporosis and calculate your risk of fractures.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans use multiple X-ray angles to create a more complete image.
- Diagnostic X-rays use radiation to obtain images of your body’s internal structures, which allows us to detect issues with your bones, muscles, and organs.
- Fluoroscopy procedures are like an X-ray in real time, giving us a continuous moving image of your body’s internal functions.
- Interventional radiology provides diagnosis and treatment services through minimally invasive procedures and real-time imaging.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans generate detailed pictures of the inside of your body using magnetic fields and radio wave energy.
- Mammography helps us catch breast cancer as early as possible, whether or not any symptoms are present.
- Molecular breast imaging (MBI) uses radiotracers to help diagnose breast cancer.
- Nuclear medicine uses small radioactive doses to help us diagnose diseases like cancer.
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans help us evaluate tumors by measuring the metabolic activity of the cells.
- Ultrasounds use sound waves to obtain images of the organs and blood vessels.
Knowledge is the first step toward recovery. When you understand what’s causing your health issue, you can find better, safer care.
- Outpatient Imaging Services
If your physician has asked you to get an imaging procedure done, Outpatient Imaging Services at AdventHealth Tampa is conveniently located in our main hospital, filled with expert staff and the latest technology.
Our imaging services team will be right here to guide you from start to finish. After your exam, our specialists will carefully examine each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. If you have any questions, just ask. Helping you find answers is what we’re here for.
For more detailed information on our full range of specialized imaging and X-ray services, or to schedule an appointment, please call us today at 813-615-7795.
- Kay Meyer Breast Care Center
The Kay Meyer Breast Care Center at AdventHealth Tampa offers a comprehensive program focusing on breast cancer prevention, detection, treatment and recovery with our board certified radiologists and staff. As an Accredited Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR), we offer the highest standards of care in by specializing in key diagnostic procedures for your breast care, and your whole health.
Breast imaging services offered:
- 3D Mammography
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasound
- Molecular Breast Imaging
- Stereotactic, Ultrasound-guided, and MRI-guided Biopsy
To schedule a Mammogram or MBI screening call 813-615-7795.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Tampa, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.