With Leading Digestive Care at AdventHealth Tampa
To get the most out of every day, you want to feel your best. When the discomfort of a digestive problem makes that hard, the digestive health specialists at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, are here to help you feel whole by caring for you in body, mind, and spirit. At our dedicated digestive Health Institute, we combine some of the latest non-surgical and minimally invasive treatment options with a compassionate and personalized approach to digestive care, so you can recover quicker and get back to your normal routine. Whether it’s keeping you informed about your health choices with helpful patient education or empowering you with same-day appointments, we’re here to guide you on the path to whole-person wellness.
Supporting Your Digestive Health
- Leading Digestive Health Specialists. Care That’s Built Around You.
You rely on your digestive system to give you energy and support your wellness. When something goes wrong, it affects every part of you, leading to discomfort, worry, and stress. Trust the digestive health specialists at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, to help heal your body, ease your mind, and lift your spirits.
To improve your comfort and reduce your recovery time, our leading Digestive Health Institute is equipped with leading endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) technology, helping us make a more accurate diagnosis. We tailor your care around you, because we know you lead a busy, vibrant life. That’s why you have the option to quickly and easily schedule same-day appointments with us. Focus on your wellness, and let us take care of the details.
- Leading Care for Digestive-Related Cancers and Conditions
It's natural to feel anxious about a digestive-related cancer diagnosis. But you can rest easy knowing that your care is in good hands. We take a multidisciplinary approach to giving you the best treatment. Our digestive health specialists partner with nationally recognized oncology experts to better and more comprehensively treat many kinds of digestive cancers, including:
- Colon Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastric Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
We also offer leading treatments for a range of digestive diseases outside of cancer, including:
- Achalasia (Difficulty Swallowing)
- Bile Duct Blockage
- Crohn's Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Liver Damage
- Stomach Ulcer Disease
We’re here for you throughout your digestive journey, ready to soothe your symptoms, put your mind at rest, and help you feel brighter in spirit.
- Helping You Recover Faster With Minimally Invasive Treatments
Sometimes, your digestive symptoms can be cared for without surgery and with simple lifestyle changes. If that’s the case, we’ll guide you on your path to wellness, offering help with things like weight loss and creating a delicious nutritional diet plan.
If surgery is the best option for you, our compassionate Digestive Care team will keep you as comfortable and informed as possible during your stay. To reduce scarring and get you back to your normal routine faster, AdventHealth Tampa uses minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. Our Digestive Health Institute is equipped with advanced treatment options, including:
- Abdominoperineal Resection – A surgical procedure for rectal cancer that removes the lower part of the colon, the rectum, and the anus.
- Colonoscopy – A flexible tube with a light at its tip that is inserted gently into the rectum to diagnose and care for digestive issues.
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery – Care for colorectal cancer that often involves removing polyps in the colon using a colonoscopy procedure.
- Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Therapy – A less-painful method of caring for hemorrhoids that uses ultrasound imaging to locate the arteries supplying blood to the hemorrhoid.
- Gallbladder Surgery – A surgical procedure that may be used to remove a diseased gallbladder.
- Hernia Surgery – A method of repairing hernias in the abdominal cavity.
- Laparo-Endoscopic Single Site (LESS) Surgery – An innovative method of organ removal that uses a single, small incision in the skin.
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair – A minimally invasive technique to repair hernias using small incisions.
- Laparoscopy – A technique that allows surgeons to perform more minimally invasive procedures using small incisions.
- Liver Surgery – A collection of surgeries that care for issues with the liver.
- Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery – Surgeries used to care for gastrointestinal issues that are less invasive and lead to shorter recovery times.
- Rectal Cancer Surgery – A common treatment for rectal cancer that aims to remove the cancerous area.
Your team at AdventHealth Tampa includes world-renowned surgeons and pioneers of digestive care. Lean on us and we’ll help you feel whole again.
- Regular Screenings to Help You Stay Healthy and Strong
When you feel strong and happy, you might not think much about your digestive health. We do. Your team at AdventHealth Tampa will help keep your wellness on track with regular preventative screenings for digestive disorders.
If you’re over 50 or have risk factors like a family history of colon cancer, we recommend regular colonoscopy screenings. We’ll help you stay proactive. Our Tampa-based team will make sure you’re relaxed and comfortable during your screening, which usually only takes about 30 minutes. Find peace of mind and trust us to take care of you in body, mind, and spirit.
The Most Advanced Care
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to digestive care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.