Leading Breast Cancer Treatments
Imagine a team of breast cancer experts who are behind you 100 percent. We know a breast cancer diagnosis can be scary, and we’re here to help you through every step of your breast cancer treatment with skill and compassion. The Kay Meyer Breast Care Center at AdventHealth Tampa, formerly Florida Hospital Tampa, is dedicated exclusively to breast care, providing a high level of expertise and a wide range of support services.
Here, you can find comprehensive care that covers breast cancer prevention, detection, treatment, and recovery. We use innovative technology to bring you faster diagnoses and more-effective care. We’re also an Accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (American College of Radiology), and we're fully accredited in ultrasound, stereotactic, MRI, mammography, and CT. That means you can expect excellent care in an environment that meets the highest standards for breast cancer detection and treatment. Feel supported at every turn, and feel reassured knowing you’re in the best hands.
From Your Team of Breast Care Experts
- Breast Cancer Screenings and Tests for Early Treatment
You want the facts, and you want them now. The sooner you know your diagnosis, the sooner you can start any necessary breast cancer treatments. And when it comes to breast cancer, early detection and treatment are essential. To help you find answers and move into treatment faster, we've made the diagnostic process simpler, more convenient, and more streamlined to bring you results faster. Screenings and tests we offer include:
- BRACAnalysis – A laboratory test that screens for hereditary breast and ovarian cancers.
- Breast MRIs
- Bone DEXA – A bone density scan that can help us tell if cancer has spread to the bones.
- Computer-Aided Detection – Helps us interpret diagnostic images more accurately.
- Digital Mammography – Allows for higher image resolution and less radiation exposure.
- Molecular Breast Imaging – Helps us detect breast cancer in high-risk women.
- Stereotactic Biopsies/Ultrasounds – Procedures that use mammography and ultrasound technology to identify an abnormal lesion, take a tissue sample, and test the sample for harmful developments.
- 3D Mammography – Captures multiple images at different angles to create a clearer, three-dimensional reconstruction. This allows us to closely examine every section of the breast, ensuring no detail is overlooked. 3D mammography can improve cancer detection by as much as 30 percent.
When you’re waiting to hear back about a diagnosis, the hours can seem longer than usual. That’s why we strive to bring you results as quickly as possible. For diagnostic mammography and ultrasound, you can expect same-day results. For biopsy pathology, you can expect results within five days, and for screening mammography, you can expect results within seven days. Our team of nurses, pathologists, radiologists, and oncologists will do all they can to help you understand your diagnosis, and if you need further care, we’ll help you schedule expedited appointments so you can start receiving treatment as soon as possible.
- Leading Breast Cancer Treatments
You'll always be prepared for the next step when you're surrounded by the team at our Kay Meyer Breast Care Center. Beyond our personalized patient navigation, you'll also have access to highly specialized breast cancer treatments with proven results. Our multidisciplinary Tampa hospital team will bring compassion and expertise to each aspect of your health. Your treatment plan will be individualized, and may include one, some or all of the following:
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Radiation Therapy
Treating your cancer cells is only half the equation when it comes to your Breast Cancer Care journey. We know it can also drain your mind and spirit. That's why you can find fellowship and peace of mind by sharing your experience with others in our breast cancer support groups. Sometimes a listening ear or a few minutes of conversation can be just the thing to lift your spirit. And we’ll be here to provide both whenever you need us.