We Care for You
Thank you for being here. If you’re taking care of a loved one who is receiving medical care at AdventHealth Ocala, formerly Florida Hospital Ocala, this page is for you. We've gathered caregiver resources and hospital information to help you navigate caring for your loved one, including visiting hours, guest services, health care portal information and more. As you serve the healing ministry of Christ, we understand that your vital role is not easy. We’ll do everything we can to support you — body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth Ocala’s Caregiver Support Services
- Onsite Caregiver Support
If you need assistance while you're at AdventHealth Ocala, our customer service liaisons will be happy to help. Find them here:
- Palmer Lobby, ground floor entrance: 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Johnson Lobby, second floor entrance: 5 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Note: In an emergency, taking care of your loved one’s immediate medical needs will be our first priority. Our support staff will work to gather information as quickly as possible to streamline admission.
Pre-admission for planned procedures or stays:
If your loved one needs lab work or testing before a procedure or hospital stay, a surgeon or specialist will make the appointment two to 14 days in advance. Otherwise, a patient admitting representative will contact you to let you know when to arrive and other important details.
All patients are admitted to AdventHealth Ocala without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, economic status, educational background, or the source of payment for care.
- Hospital Amenities
For your comfort and convenience, you’ll find dedicated lounge areas on each patient care floor.
- First Floor: Emergency Department
- Second Floor: Cardiovascular ICU and Cath Lab/Open Heart
- Third Floor: Intensive Care Unit and Surgical Admissions
- Fourth Floor: Women's Center
Where to Eat
Take time to stay well nourished while you’re at the hospital with your loved one. (Please remember that each patient’s diet is prescribed by a physician, so please request food for your loved one through the nurse or other staff member.)
Choose from hot entrées (including vegetarian options), daily specials, a deli, fully stocked salad and dessert bars and specialty foods. The dining room is located on the first floor, operates seven days a week and accepts most major debit and credit cards. Hours are:
Monday through Thursday:
- 6:15 to 10 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 4 to 7:15 p.m.
- 1:30 to 3:30 a.m.
- 6:15 to 10 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 1:30 to 3:30 a.m.
Saturday - Sunday:
- 6:30 to 10 a.m.
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- 1:30 to 3:30 a.m.
PERKS Coffee Shop
Located in the dining room, the coffee shop offers Starbucks products and a line of specialty salads, sandwiches and fresh baked pastries and cookies. Hours are:
Monday through Friday:
- 6:15 to 11:00 a.m.
- 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. to Midnight
Vending machines are located on each floor of the hospital. Snacks are also available in the gift shop on the ground floor.
While you're caring for your friends and family members, the last thing you want to worry about is trying to stay connected. That’s why we offer the following conveniences and amenities:
- Free Internet access via computers located in the Patient Service Center
- Free WiFi throughout our hospital
- Guest Services
Want to brighten up a friend's hospital stay with a bouquet of fresh roses? Or arrange for a special anniversary celebration? We’re here to help. These guest services are complimentary, with no tips accepted:
- Automotive Services
- Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations
- Business Services
- Dry Cleaning
- Flower Delivery
- Mail Courier Service
- Medication Delivery and Consultation
- Transportation and Lodging Resources
Note: You may be responsible for third-party service charges.
Your loved one will receive free Care Cards while at the hospital. The card will be hand-delivered by a member of our auxiliary, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
You can also choose to call a patient or send a card or letter via mail.
Patient Information Line:Call352-671-2123
Main Hospital Switchboard:Call352-351-7200
c/o AdventHealth Ocala Post Office Box 6000 Ocala, FL 34478
Although we make every effort to maintain the confidentiality of your e-mail message, privacy cannot be guaranteed and your message may be seen by a member of our Auxiliary. Please do not disclose any sensitive information. Please note that we cannot deliver care cards to patients receiving outpatient surgery or diagnostic testing or those patients who choose to be listed as "no information.”
- Health Care Portal
We offer a secure online portal for your loved one’s health information. It can help you stay informed about your loved one’s care, treatment or management plan and how to provide care at home. If you are authorized, you can:
- Easily access your hospital discharge instructions, so you’ll know what to do after your loved one comes home.
- Have secure online access to a list of medications, diagnoses, allergies, test results, patient history and vital information.
- View and share personal health information related to your loved one’s hospital stays.
Signing up is easy and free of charge.
All you will need to do is:
- Show your photo ID at registration and provide your email address, and we’ll send you an email with a link and log-in information. (You also can call our Health Information Management department at (352) 402 5387 to verify your identity and provide an email address.)
- Click on the link in the email, and follow the instructions to set up your loved one’s account and create a personal password.
- Log in from any Internet-enabled device to view and download your loved one’s information. Bookmark the site to make it convenient to visit regularly.
Your privacy is important. Each time you log in, you will need to enter a password and answer your security question.
Personal and medical information in the My Health Home portal will be kept confidential. The portal uses a secure, encrypted connection that meets the highest industry standards. All health data is stored on a secure server and managed with the protection of your information in mind. We will not share, sell or lease your personal information with any outside party not affiliated with our organization. Only you loved one — and those he or she authorizes — will be able to see or gain access to the information in the portal.
- Spiritual and Pastoral Care
Your faith and spiritual strength can help you and your loved one through difficult events and decisions. Pastoral care and counseling is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you need a simple word of encouragement or help dealing with a spiritual crisis, our staff chaplain — working in tandem with more than 40 volunteer chaplains and lay pastoral care volunteers — are available to help.
Our pastoral care services include:
- Connections, our monthly suicide survivors support group.
- Disaster response, which offers spiritual and emotional support after hospital or community disasters by our Pastoral Care Team and/or a Community Crisis Response Team.
- End-of-life care and grief support, provided for patients, family members and staff. Or, for those without family support, we offer our No One Dies Alone (NODA) program.
- Hospital chapel, available around-the-clock for personal use and for a weekly prayer service, is located on the ground floor across from the gift shop.
- Liaison to local faith communities, which involves contacting your pastor or church leaders, and keeping an open line of communication throughout your stay.
- Ministry of presence (patient and family visits), provide supportive listening, prayer and sacramental needs (communion, anointing of the sick) at your request.
- Spiritual Care Series (seasonal)
To arrange for pastoral care, call the hospital operator at Call352-351-7200 .
- Visiting Hours
You can visit daily from 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. in most units. Maternity visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., and intensive care unit (ICU) visiting hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and from 8 to 10 p.m. (Children under 12 are discouraged from visiting in the ICU to prevent spread of illness. Please do not visit if you are or have recently been ill.)
We provide lounges and other amenities and services for visitors. See our Information for Visitors page.