Creating a Future For the Whole You
Our Nurse Residency Program is designed to help recent nursing graduates make a smooth transition into their first RN role.
The Nurse Residency Program is committed to providing you with the education and skills you need to succeed.
Leading the Way in Health Care Employment
AdventHealth is honored to have been named one of the nation’s “Best Employers for New Grads” by Forbes. 20,000+ young professionals were surveyed on topics including workplace safety, competitive pay, opportunities for advancement, diversity and inclusion and company image. Forbes also recognized AdventHealth as a Best in State overall employer in Florida.
The Best Employers for New Grads by Forbes
America's Best-in-State Employers by Forbes
One-on-one trainingand mentorship with an experienced preceptor
Clinical laddersto help you advance in your career
Tuition reimbursementfor ASN, BSN, and MSN students
Volunteering Opportunitiesboth locally and globally
Employee referral bonus
Faith-based environmentthat is nationally recognized for excellence in patient safety
Visa sponsorshipfor international students graduating from U.S. nursing schools
AdventHealth's Nurse Residency Program
When should I apply?
- Apply within your last year of nursing school
What does a student get out of this program?
- Hands on experience with clinical simulation and clinical immersions
- Dedicated support with a residency coordinator that works in conjunction with their unit based educator
- Collaboration in a division education platform with relationship building with other GN’s from across the Division
- Residency is 1 year, with the first twelve weeks of continual learning
Our program's proven benefits include:
- Safer patient care
- Increasing nurse retention
- Increased new nurse confidence, satisfaction, and improvement of critical decision making
We offer various resources for leadership development, including:
- Career mapping
- Resume building
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Excellence Program
- And more…
Our Program includes methods recommended by many top-notch nursing organizations, including IOM, JC, ANA
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Is it classroom or sim experiences?Answer:Immersive simulation or clinically facilitated role-play based learning with didactic components. We also include web-based learning modules.
- 2 Types of SIM/Role Play: Task or Skills, Clinical Immersion (Scenario Based)
- Practice in a safe, non-threatening environment where it is permissible to make mistakes.
- Work in small groups and observe the facilitator or an experienced participant demonstrate the task/skill, which helps participants to be comfortable trying out new approaches.
- Become confident using job aids and tools to facilitate performance of tasks/skills.
- Receive targeted feedback and support after each role-play; immediate feedback is crucial for participants to achieve a high level of proficiency and attain performance expectations.
- Early clinical time on unit, starting week 3.
Question: How long is the program?Answer:Phase 1: Clinical Orientation (Approximately 9-24 weeks varying by specialty).
- Weekly experience and preceptor expectation guide.
Phase 2: Nine months
- Monthly professional development workshops including career mapping and evidence based practice.
- Mentoring (when possible).
Question: Is there MD involvement?Answer:No
Question: What types of tracks are available?Answer:Med/Surg, Med/Tele, PCU/IMCU, ICU, ED, Peds, Neonatal, Obstetrics, Behavioral Health, Surgical Services, etc.
*Based on availability.
Experience: Less than one year of nursing experience RN licensure
Education: Graduated from an accredited nursing program
NCLEX: RN license in-hand by designated start date
Nurse Residency Programs
- Tampa, Florida
- Tavares, Florida
- Ocala, Florida
- Orlando, Florida
- Lakeland, Florida
- Daytona, Florida
- North Carolina
Find Your Place to Thrive
AdventHealth Nurse Residency Testimonials
LENS™ supports staff feedback and validates their voices as being heard, valued, and encouraged to speak up. Learn how AdventHealth innovates the healthcare workspace and fosters collaboration between hospital departments.
With 300+ facilities, AdventHealth provides opportunities for local nursing jobs in nine different states.
Teaming Up to Provide Winning Care
As part of our commitment to our community, we partner with local sports teams, theme parks and organizations to bring world-class medical care and education to athletes and sports fans alike — and our team members, too. As part of the AdventHealth team, you’ll receive exclusive discounts on select tickets and season passes.