New ER, Most Trusted Care
Care in Confidence
Our newly renovated ER includes 42 private rooms, offering you the space to connect with your care team in confidence, and to rest and recover in peace. It’s just another way we’re committed to healing your body, mind and spirit.
Less Wait, More Care
A new layout, including more rooms and nursing stations, allows our team to more efficiently and productively tend to you and your loved ones.
We’re committed to getting you the care you need, as soon as you need it.
At AdventHealth Ocala, you have access to the specialists across AdventHealth’s network — including many who practice right here at our main campus — giving you the opportunity to connect with a specialist in many cases before you leave our ER.
When Seconds Count
When life or health is on the line, AdventHealth Ocala is here for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with three ER locations, including one focusing on children. Our emergency rooms are supported by award-winning critical care, a cardiovascular intensive care unit (ICU), an electrophysiology lab and a catheterization lab.
IMPORTANT: If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Find Us Fast
- Emergency Room Locations
Main Campus Emergency Room
1500 SW 1st Ave.
Ocala, FL 34471
TimberRidge Emergency Center
9521 SW Highway 200
Ocala, FL 34481
Children's Emergency Room
1500 SW 1st Ave.
Ocala, FL 34471
- Critical Care
The intensive care unit (ICU) at AdventHealth Ocala, formerly Florida Hospital Ocala, is a five-time recipient of the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care, recognizing our commitment to:
- Appropriate staffing and staff engagement
- Effective communication, knowledge management and learning development
- Evidence-based practice and processes
- Leadership structures and systems
- Outcome measurements
We provide local access to life-saving services such as:
- A Staff of Physician Intensivists trained and experienced in critical care medicine. Our skilled intensivists work together with team members in nursing, therapy and case management, supported by advanced technology, to provide our award-winning intensive care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), designed to replace kidney function. In CRRT, blood is continuously purified and recycled into the body. It’s considered gentler than traditional dialysis, making it a better option for those with renal failure.
- Therapeutic Hypothermia, a modern treatment for those suffering from cardiac arrest who have remained comatose. Body temperature is lowered by several degrees for at least 24 hours to help preserve brain function.
- Vascular Interventional Radiology with advanced software imaging for three-dimensional vascular images. This system can perform computed tomography (CT or CAT scans) during procedures to guide physicians.
- After Your Emergency Room, Urgent Care, or Video Visit
Hopefully, your trip to the emergency room will be the only medical attention you'll need for a while. If your injury or condition requires further treatment, however, our care navigators will help connect you with follow-up care wherever you live. As part of our mission to provide whole-person care, we're here to not only heal your body. We want to help ease your mind and minister to your spirit, as well.
Award-Winning Critical Care
The ICU at AdventHealth Ocala is the only one in Florida to have earned the Beacon Award of Excellence from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) five times — and one of only six in the nation to have received it four times.
Find Care Near You
Formerly known as Munroe Regional Medical Center
AdventHealth TimberRidge ER
A hospital department of AdventHealth Ocala
Formerly known as Florida Hospital Ocala Emergency Center at TimberRidge
Formerly known as Florida Hospital Centra Care