Throughout Every Procedure
Your body speaks to you in many ways. When you have pain or trouble breathing, it's your body's way of telling you something's not quite right. If surgery is the solution, AdventHealth Gordon, formerly Gordon Hospital, is here to provide the care and support you need — before, during, and after your procedure at our hospital in Gordon County. Whether your surgery is elective or urgent, outpatient or inpatient, our board-certified surgeons use some of the latest scientific advancements and minimally invasive surgery techniques across a range of surgical specialties to deliver leading care to help heal your body, ease your mind, and minister to your spirit.
For Your Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Before Your Surgery
The following reminders and recommendations will help you be most comfortable on the day of your surgery:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight of the day of surgery. (Your surgery could be delayed or canceled if you eat or drink.)
- Arrive at the Outpatient Surgery Center at your designated time.
- Wear comfortable clothing and leave all valuables at home.
- Remember to wear your glasses instead of contact lenses.
- Have a responsible adult available to drive you home.
Once you arrive at the hospital, you will change into a hospital gown, and a nurse will begin your IV. At least one family member or friend may stay with you in your room before and after surgery. Your operating room nurse or anesthetist will take you to the operating room. During your surgery, he or she will keep your family updated on how you are doing.
- Leading-Edge Surgical Options
Surgical options and techniques have come a long way, even in the past few years. At AdventHealth Gordon, formerly Gordon Hospital, we're proud to offer the latest advances in surgical procedures and technology, including:
- da Vinci Surgical System — Helps us perform minimally invasive robot-assisted surgeries that maximize precision, dexterity, and control through many general, gynecological, and urological procedures
- Endoscopic procedures — Eliminate scarring by going in through natural body openings instead of incisions
- Image-guided sinus surgeries — Increase precision and help maximize comfort
- Laparoscopic procedures — Greatly reduce scarring by relying on only the smallest of incisions made in the abdomen
- Robotic-assisted surgery — Help increase precision and speed up recovery times for general, gynecological, and urological procedures
Your goal is a quick and safe return to the vibrant life you love. And that's our goal, too. That's why our Calhoun-based hospital is committed to providing the comprehensive Surgical Care you deserve, always delivered with kindness and compassion.
- Surgical Specialties Working Together for You
If the thought of having surgery makes you a little nervous, there's good news: That's totally normal. And there's more good news: You couldn't be in better hands. We’ve brought together a team of highly skilled surgeons dedicated to healing your body as well as comforting your mind and spirit. Our experts work closely across disciplines to attend to every aspect of your care. From diagnosis to rehabilitation, we'll carefully explain each step, answer your questions, and overcome your concerns. We offer the following surgical specialties, and many more:
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Pain Medicine
- Women's - Gynecology and Obstetrics
- A Calm Environment Designed With Your Comfort in Mind
You want to approach your surgical procedure with a relaxed mind and confident spirit. At AdventHealth Gordon, our mission is to provide the care you need to feel truly supported. Our rooms are cozy and calming. And since we know how important family is during these times, your family members can be with you in your room before and after your surgery. Your loved ones are also encouraged to spend time with you during visiting hours.
Your team is highly trained, but they're also conscientious about every detail of your care and comfort. They understand how important rest and emotional support are to your recovery, and it's their mission to help make sure you get plenty of both. If you feel that spiritual support would be a benefit, our pastoral care team is available to offer guidance to you and your loved ones.
When it’s time for you to leave our care, a Case Manager will meet with you and your family to help ease the transition from our Gordon County hospital to home. They’ll clearly explain the next steps in your recovery, answer all your questions, and make sure you’re ready to move forward. We’re committed to easing your mind throughout the surgical process and to becoming your partner in ongoing wellness.
- Leaders in Robotic-Assisted Surgery
You deserve to feel confident in your care, and at AdventHealth Gordon, you can. We're Northwest Georgia's leading provider of minimally invasive robotic urologic surgery, and our team includes the region's only urological oncologist specializing in robotics. Through robotic-assisted surgery, we're working to bring you more-precise surgical procedures and faster healing times. You can count on us to help guide you toward better health.
Better Care. Constant Support.
Our multidisciplinary care team will be here for you before, during, and after your procedure. And we’ll do whatever we can to support your recovery, including connecting you with the community resources, local support groups, and wellness programs that can help you continue to feel better long after you leave our surgery center. At AdventHealth Gordon, we do more than just help heal your body; we also aim to ease your mind, lift your spirit, and get you back to whole health as soon as possible.