Supporting You on Your Path to Wellness
Find comfort. Feel whole again. At AdventHealth Carrollwood, formerly Florida Hospital Carrollwood, our team of digestive health specialists has helped countless people manage and overcome a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions, including Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
We’re here to support and guide you toward a life of whole-person wellness, offering easy lifestyle changes to help relieve your symptoms, and using the latest minimally invasive treatments for digestive disorders to help you recover quicker and with less scarring. You’ve taken the first step down the path to wellness. Trust that we’ll be with you at every turn.
To Help You Feel Whole Again
- Fast and Accurate Diagnosis
Your digestive system supports every part of you, making every triumph and smile possible. That’s why we take a whole-person approach to your care, because we know that a gastrointestinal (GI) disorder affects more than just your digestion. The compassionate team at AdventHealth Carrollwood, formerly Florida Hospital Carrollwood, will do whatever we can to treat your digestive disorder and help you find comfort and relief. But the first step is figuring out what’s wrong.
Our Tampa-based hospital is equipped with the latest diagnostic technology, including the PillCam. This tiny video camera is contained in an easy-to-swallow capsule, allowing your team to see detailed images of your digestive tract and provide a more accurate diagnosis, without an invasive procedure. Other advanced diagnostic techniques include:
- Complete GI Tract Viewing
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Manometry to Identify Causes of Recurring Heartburn
- Advanced Digestive Care With a Compassionate Touch
You’re ready to feel comfortable and whole again. The team at AdventHealth Carrollwood is ready to help. Our Florida-based, digestive health specialists are equipped with the expertise and advanced treatment options to care for a wide range of chronic digestive problems and conditions, including:
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Your expert care team is on hand to guide and support you at every step in your wellness journey. Know that your care doesn’t end when you leave our hospital. We’re always with you whenever you need us.
- Minimally Invasive Treatments for Digestive Disorders
When you don’t feel your best, it’s harder to enjoy the things you love in life. We’re here to help you find comfort and wellness again. To support a faster recovery and reduce scarring, your multidisciplinary team at AdventHealth Carrollwood will use the latest minimally invasive care options whenever possible, including:
- Abdominoperineal Resection – A procedure that cares for rectal cancer by removing the rectum, anus, and lower part of the colon.
- Colonoscopy – A diagnostic technique that is also used to care for many conditions.
- Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Therapy – A method of caring for hemorrhoids using ultrasound imaging. It's less painful than many traditional procedures.
- Endoscopy – A flexible tube with a camera at the tip helps doctors look inside your body.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) – A type of endoscopy that lets your care team see inside your gastrointestinal tract using a thin, lighted tube that's passed down your throat.
- Fluoroscopy – A moving type of X-ray.
- Gallbladder Surgery – A procedure that can be used to remove a diseased gallbladder.
- Hernia Surgery – A procedure used to repair hernias.
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair – A minimally invasive method of repairing hernias that uses small incisions in the skin.
- Laparoscopy – A minimally invasive technique that uses small incisions for surgical procedures.
- Liver Surgery – Used to care for issues with the liver.
- Thermal Ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus – An innovative treatment for Barrett's esophagus that uses an endoscopy and heat energy to remove the abnormal part of the esophageal lining.
Your health is our priority. That's why AdventHealth Carrollwood offers many digestive health care options that aren’t available at other hospitals. Trust us to help heal your body, ease your mind, and lift your spirits while offering the highest level of care.
- A Proactive Approach to Digestive Health Care With Regular Screenings
You’re ready for life’s next big adventure. We’re here to help you stay healthy along the way. At AdventHealth Carrollwood, we’re advocates of proactive digestive health care. Your team will help guide you toward a life of whole-person wellness with regular screenings and preventive support.
To catch any problems early, we may recommend you come in for regular colonoscopy screenings, especially if you’re over 50 or have a family history of colon cancer. We’ll make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed throughout the quick and painless procedure. Your team will also let you know about healthy lifestyle changes you can make to support your digestive health and feel better in body, mind, and spirit.
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to digestive care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.