Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
With all the good food to eat this time of year, what to drink can take a backseat. Read on for tips on what festive beverages to include on your holiday table this year with some of our favorite healthy, not to mention alcohol-free, drinks.
Benefits of Cutting Out Alcohol
There are many advantages to cutting out alcohol from your lifestyle. Numerous studies have demonstrated that lowering your alcohol intake or eliminating it can help you:
- Fight signs of aging
- Have better, more restful sleep
- Improve your mental health, mood and memory
- Lower your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Maintain a healthier weight
- Reduce cancer, hypertension, liver disease and stroke risk
You can still enjoy yourself with alcohol-free drinks that taste as good as they are for your whole health.
Healthy Holiday Beverages
Whether you’re looking for something festive to bring to a holiday party or a healthy, refreshing drink to have at home, there’s no shortage of ideas to try.
If you’re interested in experimenting, try starting with a base like cold-pressed juice, tea or sparkling water. Add a flavoring of your choice and garnish with fresh fruit, cherries or herbs (such as rosemary). You can even serve it up over ice in a pretty glass if you want to feel extra fancy.
Some other fun ideas to try at home include tried and true recipes from our wellness experts at AdventHealth, such as:
- Apple pie chai tea: Try this naturally caffeine-free blend of antioxidant-rich rooibos tea. Mixed with the essence of baked apples — along with autumn spices cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg and clove — it can be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Hibiscus spritzer: A light and refreshing culmination of hibiscus tea, honey and sparkling water, this recipe is sure to please. You can also add festive touches like mint sprigs and orange wedges.
- Masala chai tea: This recipe is the perfect cozy beverage to make to warm you up on a chilly day. It features several aromatic spices (like ginger) that are known for their ability to soothe digestion and reduce inflammation in the body, not to mention their popularity around the holidays.
- Pomegranate ginger grove mocktail: Enjoy this light and refreshing beverage this holiday season. Not only is it alcohol-free — it also contains lots of anti-inflammatory nutrients to help support your immune system and keep you well this winter.
- Two-minute green smoothie: This simple and festive four-ingredient green smoothie is as delicious as it is easy and is also a great way to get lots of calcium and iron in a meal! Freeze pre-measured smoothie ingredients in individual baggies to make breakfast prep even easier.
Stay Well This Holiday Season with AdventHealth
The holidays should be a time of celebration — not stress. From ways to eliminate alcohol to spiritual counseling, care for the whole you with the support you deserve from our AdventHealth wellness experts.
Visit us here to learn more about our Wellness Care program.