The Chance to Hope Again
Strolling, laughing, and tossing a ball with the kids. These carefree moments can still be yours. At AdventHealth, our caring physicians, nurses, therapists, and other professionals help free patients from spinal pain. We offer dozens of spine care options, from innovative pain management treatments to some of the newest, most advanced, minimally-invasive spinal procedures in the country. Whether you need treatment for scoliosis, spinal cancer or another spinal condition, we’ll listen to your concerns and support you from the emergency room to the fitness room. Let us help you catch your breath and start living again.
That Treats the Whole Person
- A Team Effort With a Personalized Spine Care Approach
Your spine is as unique as you are. That’s why at AdventHealth, we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all spine care plan. During our consultation process, we look at your past and present. We ask about your hopes and fears. We consult your loved ones. Our personal-care coordinators listen, answer your questions, and explain our spinal disorder treatment options. Then we add the latest technology and diagnostic tests. If you need a neurologist, neurosurgeon, nutritionist, physical therapist, or pain-management specialist, our network connects you with the most capable experts. It’s part of our promise to provide you with individualized treatment of spinal disorders designed for your needs.
Our screenings and tests include:
- CT Scans
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap) - By studying the fluid surrounding your spinal cord, our doctors are better able to diagnose, treat, and heal.
- More Treatments for Spinal Disorders Mean More Chances for Relief
It’s okay to be skeptical. But it’s important to be hopeful, too. Because many patients have found relief through our nonsurgical treatments for spinal disorders. These include injections, blocks, spinal-cord stimulation, radio frequency, physical therapy, rehabilitation, lifestyle enhancements, and new, non-prescription treatments. Our network of front-line spine-care specialists have access to the best solutions from both traditional and alternative medicine.
We know patients often prefer less invasive treatments. But some surgical procedures, such as a lumbar discectomy to relieve sciatica leg pain, have shown remarkable results with lasting impact. Choice. We always ensure you are fully informed and comfortable with your decision. If you and your doctor agree that surgery is the right option, our skilled spine care specialists can perform procedures, including:
- Adult Deformity Surgery
- Balloon Kyphoplasty – A minimally-invasive treatment for spinal-compression fractures in which a small balloon gently lifts bone fragments into their correct position.
- Massage Therapy
- Minimally-Invasive Lumbar Discectomy – Easing pressure on the spinal cord by removing parts of a damaged disc through small incisions.
- Minimally-Invasive Decompression – Helping patients find relief from the discomfort caused by a compressed nerve.
- Minimally-Invasive Fusion – This laparoscopic surgical procedure offers many advantages over open spinal fusion, including a reduced risk of infection and a faster recovery.
- Pain Care
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Total Disc Replacement – A surgical procedure in which degenerated discs are replaced with artificial devices, helping to treat chronic and severe back pain.
- Sacroplasty – Helping to increase stability and decrease the pain of sacral stress and insufficiency fractures.
- Vertebroplasty – An outpatient procedure that helps to stabilize compression fractures, including those caused by osteoporosis.
Whenever possible, our disciplined spine care doctors will recommend a minimally-invasive procedure that results in less downtime and the best chance of success.
- Expert Spine Care
The spine is a miracle, but a complex one. This powerful foundation of bones, nerves, and ligaments lets us lift a giggling child or swing a bat without a second thought. Yet, if any one of these elements are struck with injury or disease, we may suffer immense discomfort or decreased mobility. That’s when compassion and the deft touch of a skilled healer are invaluable. Some of the conditions our dedicated team of spine care specialists at AdventHealth treat are:
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Back Pain
- Bone Spurs
- Bulging Discs
- Compression Fractures
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Foraminal Stenosis
- Herniated Discs
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Pinched Nerve
- Spinal Stenosis
Whatever you choose, keep your chin up. Your long-term comfort and mobility inspire us to keep striving for better solutions. Every day.