— AdventHealth Wesley Chapel and AdventHealth Tampa have both been awarded on Newsweek’s list of America’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2023. This prestigious award is presented by Newsweek and Statista Inc., the world-leading statistics portal and industry ranking provider.
Three data sources were used for the evaluation:
• Nationwide online survey: Health care professionals and hospital managers with knowledge about maternity processes e.g., neonatal and perinatal doctors, nurses and midwives were asked to recommend leading maternity hospitals in the US
• Medical KPIs on hospitals with a focus on indicators relevant to maternity care
• Results from patient surveys
Newsweek and Statista invited more than 10,000 medical professionals to participate in the survey. Only 384 winners were recognized on the Best Maternity Hospitals 2023 list and AdventHealth West Florida Division is honored to be recognized.
“Having two of our Tampa Bay area hospitals on this list is a tremendous honor and validates the exceptional quality of our maternity services across AdventHealth’s West Florida Division,” said Dr. Robin McGuinness, Chief Nurse Executive, AdventHealth West Florida Division. “It reaffirms our commitment to providing comprehensive, compassionate, and whole-person care to expectant mothers and their families. We are proud to be recognized among the top maternity hospitals in the nation.”
Both AdventHealth facilities have a robust offering of resources for new and expecting parents, including lactation consultants and classes, labor and delivery rooms and private post-partum rooms.
AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was also just designated Baby-friendly, for having the highest standards of care for breastfeeding mothers and their babies. AdventHealth Tampa will begin an OBGYN Residency program in Summer 2024.
“We understand the profound impact that the birth of a child has on families, and we consider it a privilege to be part of this life-changing experience,” said Dr. Michael Cacciatore, Chief Clinical Officer of AdventHealth West Florida Division. “Our AdventHealth medical staff are dedicated to providing an environment where expectant parents can feel safe, empowered, and well-informed.”
# # #
For more information on AdventHealth Tampa:
For more information about AdventHealth Wesley Chapel:
- Contact: WFD Corporate Communications
- Tel: Call WFD Corporate Communications at813-803-4016
- Email: Email WFD Corporate Communications at[email protected]