- Cost: Free
- Event Type: Class
- Demonstrate proficiency in the medical management of witnessed and unwitnessed arrest
- Describe the use of an automated external defibrillator in an arrest situation
- Define the primary and secondary ABCD’s of ACLS
- Demonstrate the establishment of a patient airway, including use of airway devices and adjuncts
- Comprehend and apply Cardiac Arrest Algorithm, including the medications used and differentiate the causes
- Comprehend and apply the ACLS Algorithms for VF; Pulseless V-Tach; Asystole; and PEA
- Comprehend and apply the ACLS Algorithms for Bradycardia; Tachycardia – both stable and unstable; and Acute Coronary Syndromes
- Name the appropriate evaluation sequence for a patient presenting with signs and symptoms of a Stroke; including the thrombolytic therapy for Ischemic Stroke
- Demonstrate CPR skills including AED Use in classroom lab; Demonstrate proficiency to “Run-the-Code” using ACLS approach
What You Will Learn
An online pretest with a passing score is required to enter this class.
Cardiac Dysrhythmia class MUST be taken for first time certification.
All participants must have a current CPR card and demonstrate proficiency in CPR during class.
No cost to AdventHealth Ottawa Staff/Affiliates
Non-AdventHealth Ottawa Staff/Affiliates $250
Registration is considered complete once payment is received.
A full refund will be given if cancellation is made within 48 hours of scheduled class. No refund will be given after the 48-hour deadline except in case of emergency. A $50.00 payroll deduction will be applied for no call/no show. Full refunds are given if AdventHealth Ottawa cancels the class.
Book Fee (if not returned)
AdventHealth Ottawa Staff/Affiliates: If the book is not returned at the conclusion of the class, you will be charged a $50 book fee by payroll deduction.
Non-AdventHealth Ottawa Staff/Affiliates: The cost of the book is included in the class fee.
- Contact: Stephanie Anderson
- Tel: Call Stephanie Anderson at785-248-2924
- Email: Email Stephanie Anderson email@example.com