Specialized Care for Patients Near and Far
We know that many parts of Clay County have limited access to specialty care, requiring patients to travel significant distances to receive the care they need. That’s why we developed our Specialty Telehealth Program, which uses technology to provide remote access to health care services. Now, you can access our health care experts from the comfort and convenience of your home.
In partnership with primary care clinics throughout Eastern Kentucky, we offer telehealth primary care and specialty services such as behavioral health, cardiology, orthopedics, urology and more. On-demand care, improved wait times and better access to health care for rural and underserved communities are just a few benefits you can experience with telehealth services. We’re here to keep you well in body, mind and spirit — no matter the distance.
All About Our Telehealth Care
- Tele-behavioral health
- Tele-neurology (memory loss clinic offered every Monday)
- Tele-stroke care
For neurology and stroke care, our telemedicine carts and facilitators allow patients to have real-time audio-visual visits with their providers. The provider can do a physical exam using a stethoscope, otoscope and special hand-held camera with a general viewing lens and dermatologic lens.
Telehealth has many benefits, including:
- No travel time for specialty appointments
- Access to specialty services not easily accessible to patients outside the county
- Decreased wait time for appointments
- Quicker results and diagnoses
- Increased ability to keep appointments
- Familiarity with AdventHealth campus and team members
- Less stress and anxiety for patients
- Reduced burden of navigating hospital campuses
- Better patient outcomes
- A patient’s family or caregiver is more easily able to join the patient with technology
- Reduced cost of the visit, including gas, food, childcare and missed workdays
Specialty care often requires a referral from another health care provider. Your referring provider will request a referral for a specialist. Then, the specialist will determine whether a patient is a candidate for a telehealth visit.
Through our telehealth program, we can partner with communities and providers to offer services locally that would otherwise require extensive patient travel. By offering specialty services within their local clinic, providers can:
- Provide services not otherwise available to the community
- Maintain continuity of care
- Develop collaboration of care by seeing patients alongside consulting providers
- Increase compliance by reducing travel time and costs for patients