At Manchester Memorial Hospital (MMH), we have extended our service lines again, to open the Manchester Surgery Center, in order to better serve your needs. We have the talented general surgeon Osman Mahdi Babikir, MD, FRCSI on staff who will take surgery referrals and patient visits in his new clinic, and perform surgeries in the following categories:
- Breast biopsies, lumpectomies, and mastectomies
- Removal of skin lesions, skin grafts, skin biopsies, and more
- Circumcision, skin lesion removal, and more
- Varicose vein surgery, catheters, upper endoscopy, polypectomy, and more
- Gastrectomy, small bowel resection, appendectomy, splenectomy, liver biopsy, and more
6. Abdominal Wall
- Inguinal and femoral hernia repairs (laparoscopic/open)
- Laparoscopic ventral hernia repairs
7. Other surgeries
- Lymph node biopsy, tracheostomy, abscess drainage
Dr. Mahdi Babikir has 17 years of general surgery experience including minimally invasive, robotic and endoscopic procedures. I am most excited to be part of this community, said Mahdi Babikir. It has always been my mission to deliver exceptional surgical care to those who need it, and I am honored to have that opportunity in Manchester.
Dr. Mahdi Babikir received his Bachelor of Medicine degree from the University of Khartoum in Sudan in 1993. After receiving his degree, Dr. Mahdi Babikir moved to Ireland and completed his General Surgery Residency, then went on to become a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (FRCSI) in February of 1999. In 2000 Dr. Mahdi Babikir received a University Diploma in Laparoscopic Surgery at (EITS) in Strasbourg, France. After that he moved to the United States where he completed his second General Surgery Residency and a Fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Mahdi Babikir and the Manchester Surgery Center are located at 485 Memorial Drive, Suite 3 in Manchester, KY. For an appointment, please call Call606-598-4531 today!
For more information about our clinics and services, visit manchestermemorial.org or call us at Call606-598-5104.
*published in the Manchester Enterprise