Lighting Your Way to Wellness
Health issues come with a seemingly endless supply of questions. We know that answers are what bring you clarity and peace of mind, so we work hard to provide them clearly and quickly. At AdventHealth Manchester, formerly Manchester Memorial Hospital, your care team is equipped with advanced diagnostic imaging technology to get you the answers you need — including digital mammograms, MRIs, and CT scans. To help provide you with a precise diagnosis faster, our hospital uses a picture archiving communications system (PACS) that lets us rapidly view digital images from your tests on high-quality computer monitors or CDs. Let us guide you on the road to wellness, starting with getting a clear picture of your health.
Pictures That Tell Your Health Story
- An Expert Team Equipped With Advanced Imaging
Speed and accuracy are important to a lot of aspects of life. It’s especially important in diagnostics. At our hospital in Clay County, you’ll find an expert team of radiologists and other specialists equipped with advanced imaging technologies for clearer tests and faster results. AdventHealth Manchester, formerly Manchester Memorial Hospital, is equipped with a vast range of diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Bone Density (DEXA) Scans — Images that measure bone density and detect bone loss, which are used to diagnose osteoporosis. We're also equipped with the Lunar bone densitometer, which measures fat and muscle mass.
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans — Highly detailed X-ray images that let us see your body from hundreds of angles for a more accurate diagnosis.
- Digital Mammography — A screening test used to detect early signs of breast cancer by providing precision imaging that’s more effective than traditional film mammography.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans — A safe, radiation-free technique to produce clear and detailed images of your soft tissues.
- Nuclear Medicine — A branch of medicine that helps us see how parts of your body are functioning by seeing where radiotracers (taken orally or through IV injection) accumulate in the body.
- Ultrasound Imaging — A non-invasive technique that uses sound waves to provide us with images of your organs, tissues, and blood vessels to detect breast cysts, gallstones, tumors, and more.
- X-Rays — Quick, painless, and non-invasive imaging tests used to diagnose broken bones and examine your soft tissues. We're equipped with the Picture Archival and Communications System (PACS) which helps us quickly share images to your care team throughout our facility.
With a range of imaging services, we’re here to help diagnose your problem with efficiency and precision, empowering you to move forward with your care.
- What to Expect From Your Imaging Experience
When you understand what's going on with your medical imaging tests, you can feel more confident in your care. We're here to help you feel empowered in your journey by talking you through each step, before, during, and after your test(s). We’ll start by talking to you about your medical history, any allergies you may have, and even if you experience claustrophobia.
All medical imaging tests are different, and each can take anywhere between 30 minutes and an hour. Some tests may require you to wear loose clothing or change into a hospital gown. For others, we may ask you to remove metal jewelry or refrain from eating or drinking before the exam. Sometimes, to get a better look inside your body, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we’ll inject it intravenously. Rest assured all of our tests are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, so you won’t feel any pain, and most don’t require any recovery period.
At every step, we'll make you feel as comfortable as possible, and after your exam we will work to deliver your results with precision and speed. To learn more about what to expect for individual tests, talk to your doctor.
- Our Vast Network Can Serve All Your Imaging Needs
Depending on your needs, you might choose to travel for your care. As part of AdventHealth, your care team can connect you with leading experts throughout our network of care. Know that whichever AdventHealth facility you visit, your care is backed by knowledge and expertise from our vast network of specialists.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Manchester, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.