COVID-19 Safety Measures
Jan. 27, 2020; HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. – AdventHealth Hendersonville is easing visitor restrictions for patients at its main hospital campus. AdventHealth’s service standards begin with the promise to keep you safe, which led to heightened visitor restrictions due to increased rates of COVID-19 cases following the holiday season. Now as we are seeing the rate of cases begin to decline, AdventHealth Hendersonville will once again allow patients admitted to its hospital to have one adult visitor at a time during daily visiting hours.
AdventHealth will continue the vital measures to minimize the risk of infection for patients and protect our providers and team members who are on the front lines by screening and masking every patient or visitor who comes to our facilities.
AdventHealth will also continue to provide technology to enable virtual visitation options for our patients. This has been a very welcome resource to allow patients to connect with their families and friends throughout the pandemic.
Please see the updated Hospital Visitor Policy:
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- No visitors for COVID-19 positive patients or Patients Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19.
- No visitors for Laboratory, Imaging, and Behavioral Health Unit patients.
- No visitors for Adult Emergency Department patients.
- Pediatric patients receiving care at any of our facilities may be accompanied by two adults.
- Medical/Surgical Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU)* admitted patients will be allowed one adult visitor at a time.
- Hospital Daily Visiting Hours: 8:30 am to 7 pm
*No Visitors in ICU if more than 50% of ICU patients are COVID-19+. ICU Nursing Teams will communicate regularly with patient families/visitors to keep them updated on the visitor status for the unit.
- Outpatient Surgery patients may have one visitor during the discharge process.
- End-of-life patients, regardless of COVID-19 status, may have two visitors at a time, with a maximum of six visitors per day.
The Baby Place Visitor Policy
- Patients may have one designated support person, who must stay with the patient in the room for the duration of the patient’s stay.
In all circumstances, visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter the hospital, unless they are seeking personal medical care.
AdventHealth recognizes the impact this visitation policy will have on patients and their loved ones, and thanks the community for their support in this measure.