Additional Information & FAQs
- Obtaining Information and Records
Access to medical records is available to patients over the age of 18 or a legal guardian, and is protected by federal HIPAA regulations. Records are available in two ways:
- Free online access: Create an online patient account for a safe and simple way to access information from your electronic health record (EHR). For privacy and security reasons, some records will not be available online.
- Paper copies: Copies of medical records may be released upon receipt of written authorization of the patient or guardian
- What information can I access online?
Lab results Yes* Allergies Yes* Immunizations Yes* Medications Yes* Discharge Instructions Yes* Patient Education Yes* Surgical Procedures Yes* Radiology Results No Physician Reports No Nursing Notes No
* excluding infectious diseases, toxicology, and pregnancy labs
For more information, call Call913-676-2267 , Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m
- Requests from Insurance, Attorney, Disability and Ancillary Department
Requests should be sent from your insurance company, attorney, or Disability Determination Service (DDS) and mailed to the address on the authorization form. All charges for medical records will be billed to the requestor.
- Radiology & Imaging Films
Please contact the department directly that performed this service to facilitate your request.
- Birth & Death Certificates
Birth and death certificates are not available from AdventHealth South Overland Park's Health Information Management department. These records must be ordered from the Kansas Department of Health and Education Office of Vital Statistics.