July 1, 2020; HENDERSONVILLE, N.C. – AdventHealth Hendersonville is easing visitor restrictions for patients at its main hospital campus. AdventHealth’s service standards begin with the promise to keep you safe, which led to the universal visitor restriction implementation in March. Now as it begins the third month of its safe reopen protocol, AdventHealth Hendersonville is ready to resume limited visitation for patients.
“I want to thank the families and loved ones of our patients who have been so understanding about the need to restrict visitors during this pandemic. We are so happy to share that we are now able to ease some of the restrictions so our patients can have their loved ones with them as they heal,” said AdventHealth Hendersonville Chief Medical Officer, Teresa Herbert, MD, MPH, FAAP.
AdventHealth Hendersonville has adjusted visitor restrictions in several departments at its hospital campus. It will continue the vital measures to minimize the risk of infection for patients and protect our providers and team members who are on the front lines by screening and masking every patient or visitor who comes to our facilities.
AdventHealth will also continue to provide technology to enable virtual visitation options for our patients. This has been a very welcome resource to allow patients to connect with their families and friends throughout the pandemic.
Please see the updated Hospital Visitor Policy:
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- No visitors are allowed for COVID-19 positive patients or Patients Under Investigation (PUI) for COVID-19.
- No visitors for Laboratory, Imaging, and Behavioral Health Unit patients.
- Emergency Department patients may have one visitor.
- Pediatric patients receiving care at any of our facilities may be accompanied by two adults.
- Medical/Surgical Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) admitted patients will be allowed one visitor at a time.
- Hospital Daily Visiting Hours: 8:30 to 10:30 am | 4 to 6:30pm
- Surgery patients may have one visitor during the discharge process.
- The visitor will be called to come in for the discharge process.
- End-of-life patients, regardless of COVID-19 status, may have two visitors at a time, with a maximum of six visitors per day.
The Baby Place Visitor Policy
- Patients may have one designated support person, who must stay with the patient in the room for the duration of the patient’s stay.
In all circumstances, visitors who are sick will not be permitted to enter the hospital, unless they are seeking personal medical care.
AdventHealth recognizes the impact this visitation policy will have on patients and their loved ones, and thanks the community for their support in this measure. We will constantly evaluate the need for this policy and will modify it when we believe it is safe for visitors to return.