AdventHealth is one of the largest faith-based health care systems in the United States. With a focus on whole-person care, we are so much more than a hospital. We are a network of people committed to promoting wellness through the delivery of compassionate care for every stage of life.
AdventHealth cares for and nurtures people, and that’s what we’ve been doing since the first Seventh-day Adventist health facility opened in 1866. From the beginning, we’ve combined an innovative perspective on whole-person health with the latest medical treatments for curing illness.
The legacy of innovation continues today – more than 150 years later – with a new name that marks the beginning of a new future as AdventHealth. Whole-person care has become the foundation of our special brand of healing.
Generosity has been an important part of our legacy since our first hospital opened in Central Florida in 1908. Every year, thousands of individuals, families, and organizations make donations and share the healing power of generosity. This support strengthens programs and services, catapults innovative research projects, and ensures that we can provide the best patient care possible.
Today, we are expanding into genomics, a personalized approach to health care, and increasing specialized health care services for children. These advancements are only possible because of the generous people in our community — people like you.
A Community Impacting Patient Care
AdventHealth Foundation Central Florida is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit that directly supports AdventHealth care facilities in Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Celebration, East Orlando, Kissimmee, Orlando, Winter Garden Winter Park, Lake Wales and Heart of Florida along with specialty services provided at AdventHealth for Children and AdventHealth for Women. In addition, our team fundraises for AdventHealth University as well as for international missions in Central and South America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
We were started by the community and we continue to operate as an extension of it. Engaging our fellow community members in the health and healing mission of AdventHealth is critically important.
- Philanthropic support of our mission provides a margin of excellence that allows AdventHealth to launch innovative programs more quickly than it could through normal operations and allows us to achieve goals that would not otherwise have been possible.
- Donating allows you to be an integral part of the care team — just as important as our physicians and nurses.
- Today’s investments can lead to tomorrow’s medical breakthroughs. Generosity provides capital, research, and programmatic initiatives to advance patient care in our community.
- Engaging the community through our boards and volunteer opportunities helps us stay close to people to make sure we are providing the services and care they desire.
- Our goal is to provide you and your family with the best care available right here in Central Florida so you don’t have to travel far for treatment.
Sunsystem Development Corporation does business as AdventHealth Foundation Central Florida under tax ID 59-2219301.