So You Can Reclaim Tomorrow
Sometimes pain can feel like a constant companion. Whether it's sharp and sudden or prickly and persistent, it can overshadow life's daily joys and impede everything you want to achieve. But living with the constant noise of chronic pain doesn't have to be your future. With AdventHealth, there is hope and help. We can diagnose the cause of your pain and find the most effective combination of treatments so you find relief and reclaim the life you love.
Feel More Like You
- Personalized Pain Management Plans
Life is meant to be exuberant, not exhausting. To get there, you may choose pain management rather than undergo a surgical or interventional procedure. With this option, whatever your underlying pain-causing condition, we focus on reducing your pain and bringing you comfort. Together, we’ll create a pain management plan that considers your personal circumstances and supports your overall health.
AdventHealth treats a wide range of underlying pain-causing conditions, including:
- Arthritic Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chronic Headaches
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Sports Injuries
- Your Pain Is Unique — So Are Our Therapies
Some patients are dealing with pain for the first time. Others have tried multiple approaches. Because every person is different, the pain specialists at AdventHealth take time to evaluate the cause of your pain, the precise symptoms, a full range of treatment options, any previous approaches taken, and the best way to move forward. And, as always, you've got choices when it comes to the treatment of your pain, including:
- Behavior Modification – Helping you reduce pain and injury by making changes in your lifestyle.
- Disc Biacuplasty – A new medical procedure that helps reduce chronic back pain.
- Electrical Stimulation – Helping to reduce pain by using low-voltage electrical currents to block pain signals from reaching the brain.
- Epidural Steroid Injection – Provide a temporary reprieve from many forms of back and leg pain, helping you progress with your rehab and exercise programs.
- Intrathecal Opiate Trial – By placing opiates directly into the spinal fluid at very low doses, significant pain relief can be achieved while avoiding negative side effects.
- Local Anesthetics – Help to block nerves and the way the body responds to pain.
- Nutritional Counseling – An optimal diet can help you achieve maximum comfort. We'll show you how.
- Physical Therapy – Helping you heal and improve mobility with a special exercise program tailored to your needs.
- Provocative Discography – Empowering our team to treat you best by using advanced imaging technology to examine a diseased disc.
- Psychological Counseling – Reducing stress-related pain by helping you understand and identify its triggers.
- Radiofrequency Facet Joint Denervation – Using heat to block pain signals while preventing further damage to the nerve pathway.
- Spinal-Cord Stimulation – A mild electrical stimulation is applied to nerves along the spinal column, minimizing the sensation of pain.
- Trigger-Point Injection – Helping to reduce pain by directly treating areas of the muscle that contain trigger points, or knots.
Whatever the pain treatment you and your medical team chooses, we always strive for one goal: not just conquering a single symptom, but expertly caring for your overall well-being, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Advanced Treatments for Pain Across Our Network
No matter where you are, pain relief is always near. From HF10 therapy for chronic leg and back pain at AdventHealth Shawnee Mission to integrative medicine at AdventHealth Hendersonville, our pain management centers offer forward-thinking treatment options in welcoming, comfortable outpatient settings. Whether your chronic pain can be treated through medication and therapy or you need minimally invasive surgery, you have the power of choice, with knowledgeable pain specialists supporting you at every step.