Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
The Winter Park Health Foundation and AdventHealth recently announced the opening of the Center for Health & Wellbeing, a state-of-the-art facility designed to provide comprehensive, preventative and rehabilitative health and wellness services to improve the overall health of the community.
The center, more than seven years in development, brings nutrition, fitness, medical services, educational opportunities and more under one roof with the goal of making whole-person wellbeing convenient and easy for the community to access.
“We’re pleased to be opening this beautiful new facility, which will continue our commitment to the health of Central Floridians for years to come,” said Patty Maddox, president and CEO of the Winter Park Health Foundation.
The Winter Park Health Foundation is dedicated to supporting efforts that improve the health of residents in Winter Park, Maitland and Eatonville. Its mission is to make a positive difference in peoples’ lives by optimizing physical, mental and social health and well-being.
Located in the heart of Winter Park, the 80,000-square-foot facility offers comprehensive services and opportunities for wholeness, fitness and medicine in a unique way.
“The Center for Health & Wellbeing is a unique facility designed to empower our community to feel whole, by not just taking care of the body, but the mind and spirit, too,” said Jennifer Wandersleben, CEO of AdventHealth Winter Park. “We’re thrilled to expand our partnership with the Winter Park Health Foundation and city of Winter Park to bring this state-of-the-art center to our community. We’ve had a shared vision of helping our community be the healthiest it can be, and the Center for Health & Wellbeing is the culmination of many years of planning and hard work.”
The center includes:
- The Peggy & Philip B. Crosby Wellness Center featuring two pools and the latest in cardio and weight-training equipment.
- 15,000 square feet of multiple AdventHealth medical practices under one roof, including family medicine, diabetes and endocrinology and gastroenterology practices.
- An indoor walking track, open to the public.
- The BeWell Bar featuring the latest in health technology.
- Nourish Coffee Bar + Kitchen, serving healthy breakfast and lunch cuisine along with smoothies and coffee.
- An outpatient lab and retail pharmacy.
- Sports medicine and rehabilitation.
- Massage and acupuncture services.
“It’s great to be able to offer primary care and so many specialties and healthy resources under one roof,” said Dr. Arianna Becker, a family practice physician who will be based at The Center for Health & Wellbeing. “Living a healthy life is so important to preventing chronic disease. By bringing so many components of health and wellness together, our goal is to make it easy for our patients to live that whole and healthy in the most convenient way.”