For Your Whole Nervous System
Your nervous system controls everything — your body, your mind, your every emotion. That’s why whole-person care, paired with elite expertise, is the right kind of care for all your neurology needs. Because at AdventHealth, we don’t just treat neurological disorders and diseases; we want to fix them. And if it’s early enough, prevent them.
Whether it’s through the most-advanced technology, like brain imaging, or the most-foundational health habits, like rest and exercise, no matter your age, stage, or issue, there’s always hope here. Your collaborative team will be by your side throughout your journey to whole health to calm your nerves, ease your mind, and lift your spirit. Our world-class experts are committed to your neurological care, whether you have Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, ALS or another neurological disease. Because your nervous system is your command center. We’re here to help you take command of it.
For Greater Peace of Mind
- Expertise and Empathy at Every Step
It’s okay to feel anxious. Overwhelmed. Even a bit confused. Understanding the human brain and how it works is a lot to take in. But let faith conquer your fear. Because at AdventHealth, we’re here to help navigate the way with knowledge, skill, and spiritual support. From prevention and early detection to pinpointing the problem and helping you feel whole again, your team of world-class neurologists, nurses, neurosurgeons, and specialists will work together to provide you comprehensive, compassionate care throughout your neurology treatment.
- A More-Personalized Diagnostic Approach
You want results. You want more options and fewer symptoms and setbacks. You also want to feel a sense of hope. Your neurological care all starts with a complete overview of you. At AdventHealth, we look at your past and present. We listen to your loved ones. And most importantly, we get to know you. By using the latest technology and diagnostic tests, along with a coordinated approach of specially trained experts in neurological diseases and conditions, we’re able to zoom in on the whole picture of your whole neurological health. And the earlier we start, the better.
If neurological disorders are part of your family history, or you've been experiencing troubling symptoms, your physician or neurologist may recommend that you get one of the following diagnostic, screening, and prevention tests:
- Computed Tomography (CT or CAT Scan) is a noninvasive diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of X-rays and computer technology to show detailed images of your brain. They can provide more-detailed information about brain tissue and brain structures, arming you and your physician with more information about potential risks.
- An Electroencephalogram (EEG) is a test that detects abnormalities in your brain waves. During the procedure, electrodes detect tiny electrical charges that result from the activity of your brain cells.
- Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic procedure to help assess the health of your muscles and the nerve cells that control them. Results can help you diagnose nerve dysfunction, muscle dysfunction, or problems with nerve-to-muscle signal transmission.
- Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA) Scan gives a view of specific blood vessels and may be prescribed in addition to an MRI.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed pictures of what's going on inside your brain. They can often detect the differences between normal and abnormal tissue clearer than a CT Scan.
- Memory Screenings are safe, simple brain check-ups that test memory and other thinking skills. It's a series of questions and/or tasks that can indicate if you need further evaluation.
- A Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scan helps reveal how your tissues and organs are functioning.
- Advanced Neurological Treatments. Encouraging Results.
Amazing things happen when science works together with the human spirit. Symptoms can dissipate. Lives can be saved. And those who once thrived can thrive again. We have the brightest minds and the most-skilled specialists continually performing and perfecting the most-advanced neurology treatments.
We offer patients the following neurological therapies and treatments:
- Deep Brain Stimulation
- Neurointerventional Radiology
- Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
And when your condition requires more, our neurosurgery experts are here to help, performing neurosurgical procedures, ranging from craniotomy to the minimally invasive Gamma Knife procedure. From endoscopic brain surgery to interventional neuroradiology — one of the very few minimally invasive techniques available — our neurological care and capabilities cover your head, neck, brain, and spine. And because we’re dedicated to your overall health and lifelong wellness, that care will stay with you well beyond recovery.
- Exceptional Care for Neurological Disorders
You have a beautiful life planned. People to love, places yet to see, and more memories to make. Our goal is to help bring your plans to life. We understand there are challenges. But through exceptional neurology treatment, dedication, and a network of care for every stage and need — from seizure monitoring and minimally Invasive brain surgery to inpatient rehab, home care, and support groups — we'll help you meet your challenges with a sense of healing hopefulness. Here are some of the conditions we specialize in:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Brain Aneurysms and Cysts
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric Conditions
- Seizures and Epilepsy
- Skull-Based Tumors
Regardless of your condition and despite what may appear to be insurmountable challenges, we’ll help you treat and manage your neurological health, so you can maintain the quality of life that’s important to you.