For Life's Greatest Adventure
First trimester. First flutters. First feedings. Week by week, kick by kick, we’re always by your side, guiding you through pre-conception and prenatal care, supporting your labor and delivery choices, and welcoming your baby to the world with expert care. And because we know the changes you’re going through are more than physical, we’re here for your mind and your spirit too, helping you prepare for the adventure ahead with pregnancy education and support classes, guidance in self-care, and unconditional support. No matter where you are on your journey to motherhood, AdventHealth is here to make it a well-guided one, with labor and delivery units that feel like home and a team of OB/GYN experts who make you feel ready to take on anything.
Here for You at Every Step
- Giving You Choices at Every Stage of Your Labor and Delivery Experience
From the moment you choose AdventHealth to deliver your baby, you’ll discover a world of choices at your fingertips. You choose your labor and delivery unit and experience — whether you have your heart set on a low-intervention childbirth, a pain-free push, or you and your OB determine a C-section is best for you and your baby, we'll always help you feel in control. Choose the best birthing and parenting classes for you, the best lactation consultants, and the pregnancy education and support groups that best fit your needs. And because we believe the experience of starting a family should center around family, we welcome yours with around-the-clock visiting hours. Our birthing centers also offer private Mother and Baby Suites built for bonding and are equipped with the best in postpartum- and infant-care technology.
- The Physicians and Specialists You and Your Baby Need at Your Fingertips
You and your baby are surrounded by experts in maternity and baby care. No matter the need, big or small, AdventHealth is always on call, always ready, making sure your family has access to the best experts and the most advanced treatments and technologies possible if, when, and where you need them.
When you're in our care, you'll have the following experts on your team:
- Birth Coordinators (registered nurses who specialize in obstetrics care) who will help you and your family create a labor and delivery experience that's truly unique. Truly you. If you want a low-intervention natural approach, we're here to help guide you. We also provide expert maternity care and compassionate support during high-risk deliveries requiring special monitoring (available at select hospitals).
- Certified Midwives (at select locations)
- OB Hospitalists are available at various locations in case your midwife or physician isn’t available when you go into labor.
- OB/GYNs and Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists experienced in treating high-risk pregnancies
- Specialized Registered Nurses care for you and your baby from the moment you come in for labor and delivery to the moment you take your baby home.
- Lactation Consultants help guide your breastfeeding journey, helping you feel confident and able to navigate any challenges.
- Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurses provide critical-care services with highly skilled surgeons and specialists who can handle emergency situations before, during, and after delivery.
- Feel Prepared with Pregnancy Education Classes and Support Groups
Whether it's your first child or you're adding to a growing family, you're bound to have questions. Let us help you find the answers. Our family- and parent-education programs are here to help fill in any gaps about life with a baby and what to expect postpartum. And if you have any additional questions or concerns, our support groups and phone lines are always available long after you take your baby home.
Family- and parent-education programs to help you get ready for this exciting new chapter:
- Baby-Care Classes
- Birthing Classes
- Grandparent Classes
- Infant/Pediatric CPR
- Sibling Classes
Support groups, counseling services, and advanced tests to help you heal, stay strong, and understand your body:
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Postpartum Support
- Postpartum Depression
Lactation services, programs, and support for nursing moms:
- Breastfeeding Classes
- Breastfeeding Consultations
- Breastfeeding Helpline
- Onsite Breast Pump Rentals
- Onsite Board Certified Lactation Consultations
- The Best High-Risk Care for You and Your Baby
This is one of the biggest moments of your life. We'll be holding your hand the whole way. If your pregnancy is considered high-risk, you'll have a team of experts on hand ready to do everything they can to ensure a smooth, healthy delivery for you and your baby. And if your baby needs extra care after delivery, rest assured that you’ll be just steps away from our Level II and Level III neonatal intensive care units. Our highly skilled surgeons and specialists are trained to give your baby the best possible care, while easing your mind, lifting your spirits, and celebrating your joy.
- Proven Infertility Treatment and Expert Reproductive Health
It’s all you think about. All you dream about. You want it more than you’ve ever wanted anything in your life. We know that for millions of couples, getting pregnant doesn’t always come easy. Our team of infertility specialists are here to help you find hope, with the latest in diagnostic services and fertility treatments, including assisted reproductive technology and robotic and reproductive surgeries. Pregnancy is a journey. We'll be here for you every step of the way.
Conditions We Treat
- Ectopic Pregnancies
- Ovarian Cysts
- Pelvic Adhesions
- Pelvic Pain
- Premature Menopause
- Primary Amenorrhea
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Structural Abnormalities of the Uterus
Robotic and Reproductive Surgeries
- Advanced Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Reversal of Sterilization
- Helping Families Understand Risks and Heal After a Loss
The relationship between you and your baby begins the moment you decide to become a mother. Whether you’re planning for a baby or one is growing in your belly, we understand you’re already building bonds and falling in love. For some mothers, the joy and love may also come with questions about your baby’s future. If there’s any concern your child may be born with a genetic disorder or birth defect, we’ll help you understand the risk through a process called genetic testing. This will involve an open conversation about your family-health history, any drugs or medications you may be on, and the pregnancies of sisters, cousins, and other women in your immediate family. You may also be offered prenatal tests to screen for your risk of carrying a baby with genetic disorders or chromosomal abnormalities. Genetic testing can also help provide answers and hope to women who have experienced a miscarriage. If you’ve suffered a loss, we're here to give you the time and space to grieve and to heal. Just as important, we’re here to help you understand that miscarriages are most commonly caused by a genetic abnormality, a condition beyond anyone’s control. Count on us to provide guidance and insight while helping you heal physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
The Most Compassionate Support
- Amenities and Support
- Level II and Level III NICUs
- Genetic Counseling
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- High-Risk Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Planning and Infertility