Guiding Your Care With Precision
An unexpected pain or a sudden feeling of weakness can leave anyone feeling insecure and wanting answers. Only when you understand the source of the problem can you can move forward confidently with your care. At AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, formerly Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel, our Imaging Care team uses advanced tools, including a 3T MRI, two 128 channel CTs, 3D digital mammography, and digital X-ray, to screen for and diagnose health issues. From lung cancer screenings to fracture diagnoses, our Wesley Chapel hospital provides innovative imaging techniques to examine you with greater precision and clarity. That way, you can protect your health and start receiving the care you need as soon as possible.
Better, More-Immediate Care
- A Variety of Imaging Services
When it comes to diagnosing your health condition or determining your specific health risks, pinpoint accuracy is crucial. That's why our diagnostic imaging center relies on some of the most advanced equipment, including:
- Bone densitometry (DXA) scans measure the mineral content of your bones to diagnose osteoporosis and determine fracture risk.
- Brain MRIs measure brain atrophy, asymmetry, and development, helping us diagnose tumors, injuries, and other brain issues.
- Computed tomography (CT) scans combine X-ray views taken from different angles to create more complete images of the bones and soft tissues inside your body.
- Digital X-rays are faster and more efficient than film X-rays, and allow us to digitally transfer and enhance images.
- Fluoroscopies use an X-ray beam to create a continuous moving image, basically an X-ray movie, of the inside of your body.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) use magnetic fields and radio wave energy to diagnose internal bleeding, arthritis, and tumors.
- MRI prostates use an MR/ultrasound-guided biopsy to screen for and monitor prostate cancer.
- Positron emission technology (PET) helps us evaluate tumors, neurologic disorders, and cardiac diseases.
- Ultrasounds and 3D ultrasounds use sound waves to take images of your internal blood vessels and organs.
- 3D mammograms with digital breast tomosynthesis help us screen for breast cancer, using the latest technology for clearer, more accurate results.
Whether it’s providing a special low-dose CT scan to screen for lung cancer or increasing your comfort during the MRI process through the use of calming ambient lighting, we’ll work to make your exam as smooth and beneficial as possible.
- Preparing You for Your Procedure in Our Imaging Center
When you know what to expect, it’s easier to be confident in your care. Before your exam, we’ll talk about your medical history and any allergies you may have, and we’ll ask if you experience claustrophobia.
Your imaging test will probably last between 30 minutes and an hour. Depending on your diagnostic or screening, we may ask you to change into gowns or scrubs and remove any electronic devices or metal jewelry. You may also need to fast for several hours before. In order to gain a better look at the inside of your body, we may have you drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer. In other cases, we may inject this liquid intravenously, but you can trust that all of our procedures are non-invasive or minimally invasive, which means you won’t feel any pain.
From start to finish, we’ll be here to guide and reassure you. After your test, your imaging team will carefully examine each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about your procedure, simply ask. You can approach a member of your care team or call us at 813-929-5554.
- Proactive Screenings for Better Lung Cancer Care
Part of living a life of whole wellness means being proactive about your care. We want to lend a hand and make this easier. Lung cancer is important to catch early on for better treatment options, and studies have shown that screenings are the best way to help people who are at a high risk. That’s why we provide life-saving low-dose CT (LDCT) with 3D computer-aided design (CAD) software can help us better identify any signs of lung cancer. We offer these proactive screenings for people who meet a certain criteria:
- Age 55 to 80
- Current Smoker or Smoker Who Quit in Past 15 Years
- Family History of Lung Cancer
- No Signs or Symptoms of Lung Cancer
- Smoking History of 30 Years of One Pack Per Day
To schedule your screening and start taking control of your wellness, call us today at 813-929-5555.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.