Today and for Years to Come
Discover confidence and peace of mind. The pictures we take let us uncover the details of your injury or illness and immediately begin working toward a diagnosis and treatment. At AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, we use some of the most advanced equipment to provide a wide array of diagnostic Imaging Services — from X-rays and ultrasounds to CT scans and 3D mammograms.
The award-winning Imaging Services at AdventHealth Waterman are dedicated to detecting and identifying your specific condition as early as possible, and delivering treatment with comfort and effectiveness. Once we have a detailed picture of what’s happening inside, we’re committed to providing the healing care you need.
For a Clearer Picture of Your Health
- Diagnostic Imaging Services We Provide
When it comes to diagnosing your health condition, there’s no substitute for pinpoint accuracy. That’s why our Waterman area Imaging Services teams use some of the most advanced equipment and technologies available, including 4-D diagnostic ultrasounds and PET-CT scans. Our highly skilled radiologists are dedicated to producing a clear picture of your health using a wide range of diagnostic imaging services, including:
- Bone density scans (DXA scans) — Images used to measure the mineral content and density of your bones that can help us diagnose osteoporosis and osteopenia.
- Computed tomography scans (CT scans) — Simple exams that help diagnose a broad range of injuries and illnesses.
- Diagnostic X-rays — Images that produce two-dimensional images of your body’s internal structures.
- Digital mammograms — Highly accurate images that help us detect and diagnose breast disease in its earliest stages.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRIs) — Technology that uses large magnets, radio frequencies, and high-tech computers to take detailed pictures of the inside of your body.
- Nuclear medicine — A branch of medicine that uses very small amounts of radioactive materials to diagnose and treat disease.
- PET-CT scans — Images that provide detailed information on tumors and help us determine whether a tumor is benign or cancerous.
- Ultrasounds — Captured in real time, these images enable us to look at your organs as they’re working and detect areas of dysfunction.
Whether you need a breast cancer screening or an injury diagnosis, the experts at AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, will help guide you through the medical imaging process, helping you find the answers you need for better health and peace of mind.
- What to Expect in Our Medical Imaging Center
We want you to have everything you need to feel your best. That’s why our compassionate medical imaging teams are committed to keeping you informed, relaxed, and comfortable at all times. Before your imaging test, we’ll discuss your medical history, any allergies you may have, and if you experience claustrophobia.
To help your exam run more smoothly, we may ask you to change into a gown or scrubs, as well as remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. Additionally, for certain tests we may have you drink a liquid called a radiotracer or a contrast, which will give us a clearer look at the inside of your body. You can expect your exam to last from 30 minutes to an hour.
After your test, our highly skilled team will assess each image carefully and try to deliver your results as quickly as possible. You can rest easy knowing we have your safety and comfort in mind — which means all of our procedures are non-invasive or minimally invasive. Our goal is a stress-free experience for you — to keep you feeling positive and hopeful.
- Dedicated Women's Imaging and Mammography
Part of living a life of whole-person wellness means being proactive about your breast care. At AdventHealth Waterman, we have a world-class Mammography Center that was designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. For you, that means you can trust in the best, most advanced diagnostic imaging and screening technologies. We offer ultrasounds and low-dose digital mammography with computer-aided detection (CAD) for 20 percent more accurate imaging. To schedule an annual screening or learn more, call Call 1-352-253-3700 .
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Waterman, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.