In order to protect our patients, visitors and team members from the spread of COVID-19, we are enacting an updated visitor policy for all AdventHealth locations effective immediately and continuing until further notice. This plan applies to all patients who are seen in any AdventHealth location.
No visitors are allowed to wait in the waiting room or other locations in the hospital. If a visitor meets one of the following exceptions, they will be expected to remain in the patient’s room until discharge.
All visitors will be screened upon arrival and must not have any symptoms of illness. If a visitor does not meet screening criteria, the visitor will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Adult Inpatient/ED Facilities:
No visitors will be permitted except under specific circumstances and by prior approval from the AdventHealth care team. All visitors must be 18 years of age or older. The exceptions are:
- One visitor for end-of-life care.
- One visitor in labor and delivery and postpartum.
- One visitor for patients undergoing emergency surgery related to a traumatic event.
- One visitor if the patient’s care team has requested the visitor to be a part of scheduled family training for patients with rehabilitation or for help with cognitive needs with approval from the AdventHealth care team.
- One parent and/or legal guardian for pediatric patients.
- The one designated caregiver should stay with the patient in their room during entirety of the patient’s stay.
- One visitor will be permitted to accompany a patient to facilitate care or treatment such as an ambulatory visit, procedure or same-day surgery.
- Visitors are not allowed in our adult cancer centers where care is being delivered to potentially immunocompromised patients. Visitors can wait in the car or in designated area (per instruction at your hospital).
We encourage family, friends and loved ones to use electronic devices and apps to keep in contact with patients.
This month’s topic is “On the Road with Joy.” The special guest speaker is Joy Walker who spends several months a year traveling in her RV.
The AdventHealth Georgia Market recently named Jake Hager as its new foundation director for AdventHealth Gordon, AdventHealth Murray and AdventHealth Redmond.
The AdventHealth Gordon Foundation is offering scholarships to a select group of nursing and allied health students.