With Specialized Pediatric Rehabilitation
Sometimes, healing is a journey that may require a little extra help for kids to get back to feeling stronger and feeling whole. If your child’s treatment or condition requires rehabilitation to support healing, know that our pediatric rehabilitation program is staffed by caring professionals who are specially trained in a wide range of disciplines, including physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy and audiology. The interdisciplinary approach and family-centric style of treatment at AdventHealth for Children, formerly Florida Hospital for Children, focuses on the unique needs of your child and fosters the development of ongoing skills and strategies for successful healing.
With a Specialized Approach
- Advanced Evaluation Services
The Pediatric Rehabilitation Program at AdventHealth for Children, formerly Florida Hospital for Children, offers an array of specialized evaluation programs for kids of all ages. Some of these include:
- The Musculoskeletal System
- Articulation Deficits
- Cognitive and Language Deficits
- Central Auditory Processing Disorders
- Sensory Integration Difficulties
- Oral-motor, Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- Seating and Equipment Assessments
- Upper and lower extremity orthotic evaluation and fabrication
- Evaluation and treatment of handwriting
- Auditory Verbal Therapy
- Hearing Screenings
- Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing Program
Our nationally recognized feeding therapists provide annual seminars throughout the country. We specialize in oral, sensory-motor feeding evaluations and treatment as well as modified barium or "rehab" swallow studies to provide assessment and intervention for all types of oral-motor, feeding and swallowing difficulties/disorders.
We also offer a free service to the community for caregivers and babies birth to three months old who may be experiencing oral-motor, feeding or swallowing difficulties at home.
- Pediatric Sports Concussion Program
A concussion – also known as mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) – is an injury to the brain that alters the way it functions. Sports injuries are common causes of concussions, but there are multiple other ways one might sustain a concussion including falling, direct head trauma, a previous concussion, and more.
The Return to Learn, Return to Play program at AdventHealth Sports Med & Rehab can assist a child in transitioning back to the classroom and physical activities with minimal disruptions.
- Pediatric Hearing Loss Program
Have you ever wondered if your baby can hear after leaving the hospital? Does your baby startle to loud sounds and noises? Does he or she seem to hear some sounds but not others? If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, it may be a sign of a hearing problem.
While the signs and symptoms of hearing loss can be different for every child, if you suspect a problem, it’s best to seek help sooner rather than later. We have a highly trained pediatric care network, including ENT’s, audiologists and speech pathologists to help your child feel whole again.
Pediatric Audiology Services
Our program offers:
- Comprehensive audiological evaluations
- Diagnostic auditory brain stem response testing
- Auditory processing evaluations
- Cochlear implant evaluations and mapping
- Auditory verbal therapy
- Hearing aid evaluations, fitting and follow-up
Conditions We Treat
- Articulation Disorders
- Autistic-Spectrum Disorders
- Coordination and Motor Planning Difficulties
- Development Delay
- Feeding and Swallowing Disorders
- Hearing Loss
- Language Disorders
- Neurological Impairments
- Orthopedic Injury
- Respiratory Compromise
- Sensory-Integration Disorder
- Sports Concussions