Choose the health content that’s right for you, and get it delivered right in your inbox.
At AdventHealth, we believe you deserve to feel happy, healthy and whole. But we also understand that when you’re a patient, you may need some extra care to get there.
Patient safety is of the utmost importance in each and every AdventHealth facility. We ensure you’re not only supported and treated, you’re safe. Healing happens when you can trust you’re securely in the hands of the most capable care team.
Keeping You Safe
Here are some of the ways we’re committed to keeping you safe — and empowering you to maintain your own safety while in the hospital.
1. Hand Hygiene
- Ask family and friends to wash or sanitize their hands when visiting
- Wash your hands frequently each day
- Your providers will sanitize their hands before caring for you
- When you’re admitted to the hospital, you may be asked if you would like to receive certain vaccinations that are very effective at reducing the spread of disease
3. Medication Safety
- Before giving you medicine, your nurse will ask your name and date of birth
- Before taking a new medicine, ask about the possible side effects
- Do not take medicine brought from home unless approved by your hospital doctor
- Tell your nurse immediately if you have any reaction to a medicine
4. Nutrition Safety
- For your safety and the safety of our visitors, patient meals are delivered to your room
- If you have diet concerns, please speak with any member of your care team
- Your diet plan is personalized according to your unique needs as a patient
5. Preventing Falls
- Ask your nurse for help getting out of bed
- Use your call light or room phone for immediate help
- Wear the non-skid socks we provide when staying in the hospital
6. Special Precautions
- For your safety and the safety of others, special precautions may be required while caring for you and will be explained to you by your care team
Complete care doesn’t just focus on your body, but addresses your emotional and spiritual needs, too. It’s important that you feel informed and in control of your care.
When you’re in the hospital, your care team will review the plan for each day, which includes your new medicines, tests and therapies, plus your nutritional diet and activity. We want to bring hope and encouragement, answer your questions and put your mind at ease.
A Nurse Leader will visit you daily to ensure you are receiving safe, quality care. Throughout your day, you can trust your nurse will visit you to make sure you’re safe and comfortable.
If you should have any questions about safety protocols or policies while with us, please don’t hesitate to ask any member of your care team.
We’re dedicated to providing compassionate, lifelong, whole-person care for you and your family.
Click here to learn more about what to expect from your AdventHealth visit.