For Better Hearing
To experience life, you count on all of your senses. So when you have trouble hearing, it can feel like you’re missing out. The hearing experts at AdventHealth are here to help prevent, identify and treat hearing disorders, so that you can live life to the fullest.
Working Together to Improve Your Hearing
Our audiology services include hearing tests, hearing aids, speech screenings, hearing impairment treatment and more.
- Audiology Care for Adults
Most people worry that hearing loss will lead to permanent hearing loss. That’s not usually the case, but it’s important to get an audiological evaluation sooner rather than later.
Symptoms of a hearing issue can include:
- Balance problems and disorders
- Tinnitus, or ringing in the ear(s)
- Trouble hearing people speak when there’s background noise
A doctor of audiology will evaluate your hearing screening and create a personalized treatment plan based on your unique needs. Through comprehensive aural rehabilitation, we can help reduce the symptoms of:
- Hearing disorders
- Inner ear disorders
- Tinnitus and hearing loss
Though there’s no cure for hearing loss, the experts at our audiology center can make it easier for you to hear with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to improve your quality of life.
- Audiology Care for Children
Are you worried your newborn doesn’t respond to some sounds? Does your child startle easily by loud noise? Do they hear certain sounds but not others? If your child is experiencing any of these symptoms, it could be a sign of a hearing issue. We have highly trained pediatric care specialists — including ENTs, pediatric audiologists and speech pathologists — to get to the root of the problem.
Our children's audiology program offers:
- Auditory processing evaluations
- Auditory verbal therapy
- Cochlear implant evaluations and mapping
- Comprehensive hearing tests for kids
- Diagnostic auditory brain stem response testing
- Hearing aid evaluations, fitting and follow-up
- Infant hearing screenings