Prioritizing Safety to Protect Our Workforce
In every AdventHealth location across the nation, our teams are dedicated to Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ to each patient and visitor in a safe environment. We support the safety of our teams — and everyone we serve — through our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct, which outlines:
- Specific behaviors that are unwelcome in every AdventHealth location
- Potential consequences for violators
- What to do if you experience or witness any of these behaviors
Read our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct below or learn more in our short video. Thank you for helping us continue to prioritize safety as a patient, family member, friend or visitor at AdventHealth.
Our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct
AdventHealth is committed to providing high-quality health care designed to help those we serve feel whole. Our patients, visitors and staff are entitled to a safe, caring and inclusive environment in all AdventHealth spaces. Our Patient and Visitor Code of Conduct helps fulfill our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Words or actions that are disrespectful, discriminatory, hostile or harassing are not welcome. Examples of these include:
- Physical abuse, assault or battery
- Aggressive behavior such as physical or verbal threats
- Discriminatory behavior regarding others’ race, ethnicity, accent, religion, gender, sexual orientation or other personal traits
- Sexual or vulgar words or actions
- Disrupting another patient’s care or experience
- Recording patients, visitors or staff without their consent
Our facilities are healing environments and these behaviors will not be tolerated. Though we expect such incidents to be rare, violators of this Code of Conduct may be asked to make other plans for their non-emergency care at AdventHealth.
If you witness or are the target of any of these behaviors, please report it to a member of our staff.
“Be kind and compassionate to one another.” - Ephesians 4:32 NIV