Empowering Children to be Their Very Best
Learn. Thrive. Grow. Learn how this one of a kind educational facility is empowering children to learn, thrive and grow, so that they can be their very best.
All Your Questions, Answered
We know that when parents are choosing an early learning center, they want as much information as possible. We've answered your frequently asked questions so you can make the best decision for your child and your family.
- What safety measurements are being implemented due to COVID-19?
Our staff is taking extra measures to keep our kids and their families safe.
- Everyone who enters the building has their temperature checked.
- Access to the building is limited to family members dropping off and picking up children in care.
- Only children and staff are permitted inside each classroom.
- Masks are worn in common areas by parents, staff, and service providers.
- Children participate in thorough hand-washing procedures throughout the day including upon entry to the classroom and during pick up.
- Toys are sanitized throughout the day as needed.
- Each classroom is cleaned daily by a professional cleaning service.
- Why is early childhood education important?
A child’s early years are the foundation for his or her future development, providing a strong base for lifelong learning and learning abilities, including cognitive and social development. Access to early childhood education significantly reduces students’ chances of being placed in special education or held back in school and increases their prospects of graduating high school, according to new research published by the American Educational Research Association.
- If I pre-register, does that mean I have a spot?
By pre-registering, families will be offered preferred status once regular registration opens. There will be a two-week window to take advantage of this preferential registration.
- Does the West Lakes Early Learning Center provide scholarship opportunities?
Tuition assistance will be provided to families in need. The amount of assistance a family receives is based on several factors, including:
- Adjusted gross family income, confirmed via a federal tax return
- Family size, including birth certificates
- Other subsidies the family may be eligible to receive
- Will the West Lakes Early Learning Center be open to families of all incomes?
Yes, our facility welcomes children from families of all income statuses.
- Are there any additional fees outside of tuition?
All fees will be explained up-front during the registration process. There may be additional fees, such as registration.
- Does the West Lakes Early Learning Center participate in Community Coordinated Care for Children (4C) services?
Yes, the center will participate in 4C services.
- What services will children have access to at West Lakes Early Learning Center?
The center will offer comprehensive services, including on-site health screenings to ensure kids are meeting their developmental milestones, health-and-wellness programs, social support and early literacy outreach in the community.
- Are meals free? Does the center accommodate special diets?
Each child will be provided breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack. Special diets will be accommodated.
- What are the hours of operation?
The center hours of operation are 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- Will you offer a Florida VPK Program?
Yes, we will offer Florida VPK programs.
- Will I receive daily updates and reports on my child’s progress and activities at West Lakes Early Learning Center?
Yes, the center provides the highest quality of parent communication through email notifications. Families will be connected with daily reports, pictures, weekly lesson plans, daily activities, notes from teachers and more.
- What do I need to bring with me to register?
To register, you will need to bring:
- Proof of income in the form of your most recent tax return
- Picture ID
- Proof of residency (e.g., utility bill, lease, letter from the landlord where you reside)
- Proof of legal guardianship (Legal documents regarding custody, etc. if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- State of Florida School Entry Health Exam form
- Florida Certification of Immunization Form
- $50 nonrefundable registration fee per child
- We accept cash, credit, cashier’s check, money order or personal check made out to AHFC – West Lakes ELC