To Help You Feel Whole Again
You embrace all of life’s adventures with optimism and strength. But the discomfort of a digestive disorder can interrupt your plans. At AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, we’re here to help you get back to your normal routine. Your dedicated team of digestive health specialists are experienced in caring for a wide range of digestive disorders, including acid reflux, Crohn’s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome. Trust us to look after your body, mind, and spirit with compassionate and specialized whole-person care.
Supporting You Inside and Out
- A Compassionate Team of Digestive Health Specialists at Your Side
A healthy digestive system supports every part of your wellness, giving you the strength to embrace all that the day has to offer. When you're living with digestive problems, AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, is here to help you feel better physically, emotionally, and spiritually. At our Tavares-based hospital, you’ll find an expert team of digestive health specialists to support you at every turn, delivering advanced treatments for digestive disorders and care that’s tailored to you. We have vast experience in treating a wide range of digestive disorders, including:
- Acid Reflux
- Anorectal Disorders
- Barrett’s Esophagus
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Find the care you need to support your digestive health and live a healthy life with AdventHealth Waterman. We’re here for you.
- Managing Chronic Digestive Disorders
Digestive problems can be persistent, giving you discomfort every day. We want to help you manage them. The digestive health specialists at AdventHealth Waterman are experienced in caring for a wide range of chronic digestive disorders, including Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, celiac disease, and GERD. Your Digestive Care team will help you manage your symptoms and find relief, delivering expert whole-person care with a warm and compassionate spirit, so you can feel like yourself again.
- Advanced Surgical and Non-Surgical Care Options
You’re ready to feel like you again, and we’re ready to help. At our comfortable and convenient Lake County hospital, we’re equipped with proven surgical and non-surgical care options for digestive disorders, including:
- Abdominoperineal Resection — A procedure used to treat rectal cancers that involves the removal of the rectum, anus, and part of the colon
- Colon Cancer Surgery — A procedure to remove cancerous tumors or polyps from the colon, often using a colonoscopy
- Colorectal Cancer Surgery — Surgery that aims to remove tumors, lymph nodes, and part of the colon when cancer is present
- Doppler Guided Hemorrhoid Therapy — A safe and less painful method of treating hemorrhoids that uses ultrasound imaging to identify the rectal arteries that supply blood to the hemorrhoid
- Endoscopy — A procedure that uses a flexible, lighted tube to look inside your body
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) — A procedure used to diagnose diseases of the gallbladder, pancreas, and liver
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) — A type of endoscopic procedure that can be used to diagnose and sometimes also treat gastrointestinal issues
- Gallbladder Surgery — A common surgery that can be used to be remove a diseased gallbladder
- Hernia Surgery — A procedure used to repair hernias
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair — A minimally invasive type of hernia surgery
- Laparoscopy — A surgical technique that allows your care team to perform minimally invasive procedures using small incisions
- Thermal Ablation for Barrett’s Esophagus — An endoscopic technique that cares for Barrett's esophagus using heat energy
Your compassionate Digestive Care team will be by your side throughout your wellness journey. We’ll provide you with the support and answers you need to make the best choices for your digestive health, all while helping to relieve your discomfort, ease your mind, and brighten your spirits.
- Preventive Cancer Screenings for Colon Health
You’ve got plans, ambitions, and dreams. We want to help you achieve them by taking a proactive approach to your care. To keep you on a path to whole-person wellness, your Digestive Care team may recommend regular preventive screenings for colon cancer, like colonoscopies, especially if you’re over 50 or have a family history of the condition. With peace of mind, you’re ready to embrace the next adventure.
So You Can Focus on Healing
At AdventHealth, we don’t believe that medical care is one-size-fits-all. That’s why we take a multidisciplinary approach to Digestive Care, connecting you with the nutritional experts, surgical specialists, and lifestyle professionals who can help you heal in body, mind, and spirit. Because your journey isn’t like anyone else’s — your care shouldn’t be either.