Here to Help You Heal
You have strength. We’re here to help you find it, channel it, and use it against your cancer. At AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, we face your cancer diagnosis by your side. We offer care for a wide variety of cancers — including treatments for skin cancer, prostate cancer, brain and spine cancers, and more — all with personalized care and a compassionate touch. As part of the renowned AdventHealth Cancer Institute in Orlando, you’ll have access to some of the leading cancer treatment technologies not just within our hospital walls, but at our sister hospitals as well. And with a whole-person focus, our multidisciplinary team of experienced oncologists, radiologists, cancer surgeons, nurses, and more will treat every part of you, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Giving You the Best Chance at Wellness
- A Personal Care Navigator to Guide You
It’s time to focus on healing — we’ll take care of the rest. At AdventHealth Waterman, formerly Florida Hospital Waterman, we will match you with a Care Navigator to help with everything you need, like scheduling your cancer treatments, connecting you with your medical team, and providing you with financial resources. They can also direct you to our full network of wellness that includes social workers, spiritual guidance, and support groups. When you’re at our Tavares hospital, you’re never alone. For more information, call our Care Navigator at Call1-352-253-3036 .
- Treating a Range of Cancers
Your body is made up of a lot of different organs. We want to care for every part. We have oncologists in our Tavares hospital who care for a range of cancers, including:
- Brain and Spine Cancers
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers, Including Liver, Stomach, Colorectal, and Pancreatic
- Genitourinary Cancers, Including Prostate, Kidney, Bladder, and Testicular
- Gynecologic Cancers
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Lung and Esophageal Cancers
- The Most Advanced Diagnostics and Treatments
Be confident in your care. Trust in a hospital and a network with the answers. At AdventHealth Waterman, we use some of the most innovative technologies in diagnosing and treating cancer. Beyond our hospital walls, you’ll have access to even more options within the AdventHealth Cancer Institute in Orlando, like genetic counseling. Here, we can care for you with leading cancer treatments and diagnostic tools, including:
- Chemotherapy and Radiation — Treatments that help shrink and destroy cancer cells and prevent them from spreading
- Diagnostic Technologies — CT scans, MRIs, mammograms, X-rays, and more
- Spacer OAR Insertion — A procedure that treats prostate cancer without exposing the rectum to radiation
- Targeted and Biological Therapies — Alternative options that work to stop cancer cells from growing and spreading
- The TrueBeam Accelerator — The latest development in radiation therapy, delivering safer, faster, and more accurate cancer care
- Unsealed Radionuclide Radiotherapy — Targeted radiation therapy given by ingestion or by injecting a radioactive substance into the bloodstream or a body cavity
Our radiation oncology team uses some of the most advanced radiation therapies available. These include:
- External Beam Radiation Therapy — A common form of radiotherapy where the radiation is directed toward targeted parts of the body from outside
- Gamma Knife® Radiosurgery — A non-invasive and very precise form of radiation therapy that replaces the surgeon’s scalpel with multiple narrow beams of radiation targeted to a specific area
- High Dose Rate (HDR) Brachytherapy — Radiation therapy that delivers precise, high-dose radiation with different types available depending on your needs; our services include SAVI® Brachy for breast cancer and high dose rate care for gynecologic, skin, and prostate cancer
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy — The most advanced form of radiation available, allowing for the most precise tumor visualization possible
- Low Dose Rate (LDR) Brachytherapy — Internal therapy that delivers targeted radiation from implants placed in the cancerous organ
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery — A nonsurgical form of radiation therapy used to treat cancers of the brain and lungs
You want to receive the very best in Cancer Care, and that's what we're here to give you. To provide you with more accurate, comprehensive care, we've assembled a multidisciplinary tumor board that includes radiologists, oncologists, cancer surgeons, physicians, nurses, and other medical specialists. When it comes to Cancer Care, you can never have too much support.
- Caring for Your Body, Mind, and Spirit
Treating cancer requires more than just an attention to your body. It takes a deep focus on your mind and spirit too. At AdventHealth Waterman, we’ll work to ease your mind by explaining every test and every treatment. We’ll make sure you’re never alone by connecting you with support groups, nutritionists, and chaplains. Our licensed oncology social workers are on hand for individual or family counseling. Our support groups include:
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Cancer Support Group
- GYN Cancer Support Group
- Look Good-Feel Better
- Men's Team Huddle Support Group
And we help you feel cared for long after you start to feel better, with rehabilitative services and social workers. You’re in great hands.
- Recognized for Our Attention to Your Care
We put you first every day. Doing so has helped us shine. Our dedication to your care has helped us excel in the rankings and earned us national recognition. AdventHealth Waterman has been accredited as a comprehensive community cancer program by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. This means we offer complete options for your cancer treatment with both radiation oncology and medical oncology approaches.
Public Reporting of Outcomes
Taking Care of the Details
You focus on healing. Let us handle the rest. Our multidisciplinary care team is here to help you coordinate your care and connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks in your way. Whether it’s helping you find child care during your treatments or a local gym where you can relieve some stress, we’re here to support you in body, mind, and spirit.