AdventHealth Shawnee Mission has a temporary restricted visitors policy at all Kansas City metro area facilities. This helps protect our patients and team members, prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community and conserve our supplies. We encourage you to connect with your loved ones via calls, text, email, social media and video chat, and our team members are happy to help facilitate that when needed. All patients and permitted visitors will be screened upon entering the hospital or clinic and are required to wear a mask throughout the duration of their stay (exceptions for some patients may apply).
Additional visitors may be permitted in the situations listed below.
- Patients who are minors (under the age of 18) or disabled.
- Birth Center patients may have two support people for labor, delivery and the duration of their hospital stay. NICU is limited to the two banded caregivers only.
- Special consideration is given to families when a patient is in critical condition. We will confirm this process on a case-by-case basis and ensure families may be with loved ones during this time, while taking measures to protect our patients’ and team members’ safety.
Visitors who answer yes to any of the questions below or have a temperature greater than 100.4 ̊ will not be permitted to enter.
- Do you currently have a fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, fatigue, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have you had close contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you tested positive, inconclusive or pending for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
We have also reduced entrances to our hospital and some of our other locations. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we require everyone to undergo screening and state the nature of your visit. We understand this is an inconvenience and do not take these measures lightly.