AdventHealth Shawnee Mission has a temporary “No Visitors” policy at all Kansas City metro area facilities. This helps protect our patients and team members, prevent further spread of COVID-19 in our community and conserve our supplies. We encourage you to connect with your loved ones via calls, text, email, social media and video chat, and our team members are happy to help facilitate that when needed.
No visitors will be permitted except for in the situations listed below.
- Patients who are minors (under the age of 18) or disabled may have one adult accompany them.
- Patients who need assistance moving throughout the hospital or who require transportation following their appointment or procedure may have one adult accompany them.
- Birth Center patients may have one support person for labor, delivery and the duration of their hospital stay. NICU is limited to the two banded/caregivers only.
- Special consideration is given to families when a patient is in critical condition. We will confirm this process on a case-by-case basis and ensure families may be with loved ones during this time, while taking measures to protect our patients’ and team members’ safety.
All patients and permitted visitors will be screened upon entering the hospital or clinic. Visitors who screen positive will not be allowed to enter. Patients who screen positive will be required to wear a mask.
- Do you currently have an unexplained cough, fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had contact with someone with known or suspected COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the Kansas City metro area in the last 14 days?
- We will also take your temperature, and a reading of greater than 100.4 ̊ will be considered a positive screening.
We have also reduced entrances to our hospital and some of our other locations. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we require everyone to undergo screening and state the nature of your visit. We understand this is an inconvenience and do not take these measures lightly. If you believe your visit is necessary, please state your reasoning to the screeners and they will confirm with our leadership team.