Where Families Are Born
From the time you become pregnant through the birth of your baby, there are many important decisions and new transitions you will make. Your physician and the staff will work together to make your pregnancy, birth and new family experience all that you want it to be, while focusing on family-centered care. Our nurses, educators and patient care staff are warm, understanding and always available to make you comfortable and to answer any questions you may have.
The Labor and Delivery room where you will have your baby is comfortable and beautifully decorated. Each spacious room is furnished in a peaceful setting and has all that you need for a safe, comfortable delivery. We feel that it is important that you keep your baby with you and we promote skin-to-skin contact after delivery for both vaginal and cesarean deliveries. AdventHealth Ottawa Family Birth Place’s “private suites” are designed for you to labor and delivery and stay in the same room with your baby.
AdventHealth Ottawa, formally Ransom Memorial Health, was recently designated a High 5 for Mom & Baby Hospital, which is a state-wide initiative designed to help Kansas hospitals implement maternity care practices that support breastfeeding.
Family Birth Place Offers You
- Breastfeeding Support
- Certified Breastfeeding Educator on Staff
- Childbirth Education Classes
- Comfortable, Home-like Environment Combined with Technology to Take Care of Your Family
- Dedicated, Skilled Staff to Help you Carry out Your Individual Birth Plan
- Family-Friendly Environment
- Follow-up Weight Checks to Ensure Healthy Babies
- Hugs® Infant Protection System
- In-room Jacuzzi Available
- Many Options for Pain Control, Including Epidurals, or Support for Natural Delivery
- Newborn Observation Area for Newborns Requiring Special Attention
- Unique Newborn Photographs