To Face Life With Confidence
Pictures help you hold on to memories, capture life in its moments of perfection, and share your experiences. Pictures also help us locate a cancerous tumor, assess the damage in a broken bone, and identify the gender of an unborn baby. At AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach, formerly Florida Hospital New Smyrna, and New Smyrna Beach Medical Plaza we provide information, guidance, and treatment through our award-winning medical imaging services.
Using highly advanced diagnostic imaging tools — including MRIs, DEXA scans and PET-scans — we can evaluate your health issues with clarity and efficiency. And through the use of our Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS), you'll spend less time waiting for results and more time discussing those results with specialists. Our board-certified radiologists and physicists are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide all the support you need to approach life with confidence.
For a Life of Awareness and Prevention
- A Wide Range of Radiology and Medical Imaging Services
When you experience something you can’t explain, it’s natural to feel a little anxious — especially where your health is concerned. Whether you need help identifying the source of your chest pain or evaluating a tumor, we’ll do our best to ease your mind and provide your body with the care it needs. Medical Imaging and radiology services we offer include:
- Bone Densitometry (DEXA) — Scans that measure mineral loss and bone thinning to detect osteoporosis and predict your risk of fractures
- Breast Imaging — Tests that help us evaluate breast tissue to determine whether or not it’s cancerous
- Computed Tomography (CT) — Scans that allow us to evaluate trauma, detect tumors, and diagnose certain diseases; we’re pleased to offer both 64- and 40-slice CT scanners for more-detailed, specialized screenings
- Diagnostic X-Rays — Often used to examine broken bones and fractures
- Fluoroscopy — A continuous, moving X-ray captured in real time, which makes for faster, more-accurate diagnoses of injuries and diseases
- Interventional Radiology — A non-invasive method that uses a catheter to treat vascular disease
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRIs) — Safe, radiation-free screenings that helps us diagnose injuries and diseases; we offer a 1.5 Tesla High Field short bore magnet scanner for a shorter test time and higher level of detail
- Mammograms — Used to detect breast cancer by checking for and evaluating possible symptoms early; we offer digital mammography for clearer images and faster results
- Nuclear Medicine — An innovative approach in which we use radioactive substances to diagnose conditions like heart disease and cancer
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) — Scans that help us look closely at the cells in a tumor so we can determine if it’s benign or malignant
- Ultrasounds — Use sound waves to obtain images, and can be used to tell the gender of a baby in the mother’s womb, or to diagnose diseases
Whatever type of screening or diagnostic imaging test you need, you can rely on us to make the process as smooth, comfortable, and safe as possible.
- Helping You Prepare for Your Procedure With Peace of Mind
In order to make your visit to our medical imaging center as smooth as possible and ease any stress you may be feeling, we’ll help guide you through your exam with compassion and skill. Before your test, we’ll take a few moments to talk with you about your medical history, any allergies you may have, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia.
While every imaging test is different, most take between 30 minutes and an hour to complete. Before your exam, we may have you change into scrubs or a gown, and we may also have you remove any metal jewelry and electronic devices. In some cases, we’ll ask you to drink a liquid called a radiotracer or a contrast, which helps give us a more-detailed look inside your body. But you can rest easy knowing all our imaging tests are optimized for safety, and that we use non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques. That means that, for most tests, you won’t need a recovery period and can get back to the things you love faster.
After your test, our highly experienced medical team will carefully assess each picture and try to deliver your results as soon as possible. If you have any questions at any point during your medical imaging procedure, just ask. We’re here to help you find all the answers you need to feel confident and secure. To learn more about what to expect for an individual test or access patient forms, visit us here.
- Accredited, Nationally-Recognized Care
In recognition of our commitment to the highest standards of practice and the quality of our imaging procedures, Imaging Services at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach is accredited by the American College of Radiology. This means our staff is highly qualified and our equipment is optimized for safety and precision. Additionally, all of our technologists are certified by the American Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and licensed by the state of Florida. That means dependable, expert services and a level of care you can be confident in.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth New Smyrna Beach, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.