Through Comprehensive Medical Imaging
In your everyday life, pictures help you hold on to treasured memories, capture life in moments of perfection, and share your experiences with others. In the medical world, pictures help us locate a cancerous tumor, assess the damage in a broken bone, and tell excited parents-to-be their baby's gender. At AdventHealth Durand, formerly Chippewa Valley Hospital, we provide information, guidance, and treatment through our specialized Imaging Care services.
Using highly advanced diagnostics — including MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds, and PET scans — we can evaluate your health issues with clarity and efficiency. And through a digital imaging system, our physicians see your results immediately, which greatly reduces your wait time. Our medical imaging specialists are here to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide all the support you need to face life with confidence.
Medical Imaging Services for a Life of Better Health
- A Wide Range of Radiology and Imaging Services
When you experience something you can’t explain, it’s natural to feel a little anxious. Whether you need help identifying the source of your chest pain or diagnosing a fracture, we’ll do our best to ease your mind and provide your body with the care it needs. Imaging and radiology services we provide at AdventHealth Durand, formerly Chippewa Valley Hospital, include:
- Computed Tomography (CT) — Scans that allow us to evaluate trauma, detect tumors, and diagnose certain diseases using high-tech computer systems and X-rays
- Fluoroscopy — Shows a continuous, moving image of the body’s organs, like an X-ray movie
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRIs) — Safe, radiation-free screenings that help us diagnose injuries and diseases affecting the brain, abdomen, pelvis, spine, and joints
- Mammograms — Help us detect breast cancer early and investigate symptoms like a breast lump or nipple discharge
- Nuclear Medicine — Allows us to catch diseases like cancer as early as possible, using tiny amounts of radioactive substances called radiotracers
- Ultrasounds — Can be used to tell parents-to-be whether they're having a boy or girl, and they can help diagnose diseases by looking inside the body at the organs and tissues
- X-Rays — Provide a detailed image of the inside of your body, and are often used to diagnose bone fractures and breaks
When you know the facts, you’re empowered to take charge of your health. We want to give you all the knowledge you need for a life of greater wellness.
- Prepare for Your Imaging Procedure With Peace of Mind
You like to know what to expect. So do we. That’s why, before your exam, we’ll talk with you about your medical history, any allergies you may have, and whether or not you experience claustrophobia. During your medical imaging test, you can count on your care team to guide you at every turn, helping to make your experience as smooth and comfortable as possible.
Your test will likely take between 30 minutes and an hour. You can feel confident knowing that all our imaging procedures are either non-invasive or minimally invasive, which means you probably won’t need a recovery period afterward. To help your exam run more smoothly, we may have you change into a gown or scrubs and remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. If you’re receiving a nuclear medicine test, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or radiotracer, which will help us gain a clearer look at the inside of your body.
Once your team has completed your medical imaging test, they’ll carefully assess their findings and deliver your results as soon as possible. If you have any questions at any point during your procedure, just ask. We’re here to help you find all the answers you need for physical health and peace of mind. To learn more about what to expect for an individual test, visit us or talk to your doctor.
Whole-Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment, or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Durand, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.