Reclaim Your Joy
If you deal with chronic pain, you know that it’s like living life inside a small, windowless box: It entraps you, limits your movements and steals your joy. Living with pain doesn’t have to be your future. At AdventHealth Dade City, formerly Florida Hospital Dade City, there is hope and help. Our pain management program is here to help you get relief from your pain — whether it’s acute or chronic — so you can find the joy in your life again. You don’t have to live with pain. Let our comprehensive pain specialists help.
Start Feeling Like Yourself Again
- Pain Management for a Wide Variety of Conditions
When you feel defeated by pain, merely moving through your day can become an exhausting chore. You deserve a life without pain and we can help you move closer to that reality. To get there, you may choose to manage your pain rather than undergo a surgical or interventional procedure. With this option, whatever your underlying condition, we focus on reducing your pain and bringing you comfort. At AdventHealth Dade City, formerly Florida Hospital Dade City, we specialize in treating pain related to:
- Bulging Disk
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (or Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome)
- Herniated Disk
- Migraine Headaches
- Neck and Back Pain
- Poor Circulation
Whatever kind of pain you're experiencing, your team of pain treatment specialists will create a plan that considers your personal circumstances and supports your overall health.
- Helping You Manage All Types of Pain
When you’re suffering from acute or chronic discomfort, pain is pain. It doesn’t matter where it hurts or why, it just hurts. When it comes to managing and alleviating pain, however, understanding the source of your pain is paramount. The pain management specialists at AdventHealth Dade City will use the latest diagnostic techniques and evaluations to understand the underlying cause of your pain and find the care options that are best for you.
We want to help you return to living the full and vibrant life you’ve always loved. At our center for pain management, we’ll help guide you toward a life of whole-person wellness by developing a personalized care plan that may include simple pain management techniques, lifestyle changes, and minimally invasive procedures. We treat a wide range of pain types, including:
- Back, Joint, and Neck Pain
- Cancer-Related Pain
- Multiple Sclerosis Related Pain
- Pain From Injuries and Accidents
- Pelvic and Abdominal Pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (or Complex Regional Pain Syndrome)
- Stroke Related Pain
- Customized Pain Treatments We Offer
Everyone feels pain differently. And what alleviates one person’s pain may not work as well for someone else with the same condition. Because your pain is unique to you, your care team will take time to evaluate the cause of your pain, understand your symptoms, learn about any previous approaches taken and present you with a range of treatment options that may include:
- Biofeedback and Relaxation Techniques – A therapy that includes deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation, guided imagery, and meditation to harness the power of your mind to help relieve pain and stress.
- Botox Injections - An injection to help relax overactive and painful muscles with a purified protein called Botox.
- Epidural Steroid Injection – An injection to provide temporary relief from many forms of back and leg pain, which helps you progress with your rehab and exercise programs.
- Joint, Tissue, and Nerve Injections and Blocks – An injection that relieves pain using local anesthetic and corticosteroids in areas around affected joints, tissues, and nerves.
- Medication Management - A therapy to help patients safely manage all prescription medications as well as uncomfortable opioid withdrawal symptoms.
- Pain Pumps - An implantable device that delivers medication directly to the spinal cord to ease the perception of pain.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation (Dorsal Column Stimulator) - An implantable device, sometimes called a pain pacemaker, that sends electrical signals to areas of your spinal cord to ease pain.
- Radiofrequency Ablation - A minimally invasive procedure that destroys nerve fibers carrying pain signals to the brain. It is used to relieve chronic back, neck and arthritic joint pain.
- Trigger Point Injections - An injection to help soothe muscle pain from fibromyalgia, tension headaches, etc. Trigger points are painful knots in your muscles.
Whatever the cause of your pain, we'll work with you to find the best and most pain-free way forward.
Pain Nurse Navigator
Your Pain Management Nurse Navigator provides expert clinical guidance and a personalized level of one-on-one attention to help you optimize your care and to nurture your whole health. Her complimentary services include helping you find a physician, answering your questions and explaining information, scheduling appointments and communicating with your doctors. To learn more or to request an appointment, contact Rachel Force, our Pain Nurse Navigator, at 813-783-6190 or here.
Feel Better. Feel Whole.
Pain has a way of not just consuming your body, but your mind as well. We’re here to provide a safe, whole-person approach to pain management. Our multidisciplinary care team’s goal is to find the source of your pain, treat it with expertise and compassion, and then connect you with the medical, social, and local resources that can help make every day a little better, a little easier. You want to feel like yourself again. We're here to help.