Whole-Person Caregiver Support
No matter the need, you’re there. You fill prescriptions and schedule appointments. You share laughs and, sometimes, tears. You’re always there for them. Let us be there for you. When you visit AdventHealth Dade City, formerly Florida Hospital Dade City, you’ll find a team ready to support you and your loved one in every way possible.
We provide caregiver resources and hospital amenities to help you check off all those items on your to-do list, from managing that pile of insurance forms, finding the perfect card or gift, and, when it’s time for dinner, making sure you get something good to eat. We also understand how hard your job can be at times. That’s why our spiritual support staff is always here to provide a listening ear, a shoulder to lean on, and a path back to peace. You are an essential part of the care we provide. And we’re glad you’re here. Let us know how we can help.
Caregiver Support Services
- Hospital Admission
When someone enters our care, we don’t just look after them. We also look out for their friends, family, and caregivers. The following suggestions can help make your visit easier and less stressful.
What to Bring to the Hospital:
There’s not always time to plan for a hospital visit. But when possible, bringing the following items can help us provide the best possible care for your loved one:
- A list of any allergies to food, medicines, and other items
- A list of prescribed and over-the-counter medications your loved one takes, including vitamins and herbal supplements
- Advance directives, such as a living will or health care surrogate information
- Emergency contact information, insurance information, organ donor card (if available), ID and/or driver's license
- The hospital will provide pajamas, a toothbrush, comb, etc., but you are free to bring an extra set
We suggest that your loved one leave the following items at home:
- Food or snacks
- Over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements
- Small electrical appliances like razors or curling irons
- Valuables like watches, jewelry, money, cell phones, credit cards, etc.
Care Team Communications
We want friends and family members to feel informed about their loved one’s care. Please feel free to ask questions. You should not agree to accept any procedure, treatment, or medication without first understanding the need for it.
Co-pays (if applicable) will be collected at the end of your loved one’s stay. If you would like assistance from one of our financial counselors, call us at 352-521-1155 and we will connect you to the help you need.
- Pastoral Care
We understand how stressful a hospital visit can be for the people in our care as well as their friends and family. That’s why our non-denominational hospital chapel is open 24/7 to all patients and visitors. And our Spiritual Care team is also always available to provide a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. We’re also more than happy to connect you with your local faith community.
Some of the support services we provide include:
- End-of-life care and bereavement support for patients, family members, and staff
- Monthly suicide survivors support group
- No One Dies Alone program for end-of-life patients without local support
- Patient and family visitation, supportive listening, and prayer and sacramental services, including communion and anointing of the sick
- Spiritual and emotional support following hospital or community disasters
- Weekly prayer service
To arrange for a pastoral care visit, simply call the hospital operator at 352-351-7200.
AdventHealth Dade City provides easy access for patients and visitors from the surrounding community and those farther away in Bushnell, Webster, Ridge Manor, Spring Hill, and Brooksville.
13100 Fort King Rd.
Dade City, FL 33525
From I75: Take Exit 285, head east on State Road 52. Take a right on Stadium Drive, then a right on Fort King Road and then a left on Medical Drive at AdventHealth Dade City.
From Sumter County: Take U.S. 301 south, then take a right on Meridian Avenue and a left on 17th Street. 17th Street becomes Fort King Road. Take a left on Medical Drive at AdventHealth Dade City.
From Zephyrhills: Take U.S. 301 north, then turn left on Clinton Avenue, right on Fort King Road and right on Medical Drive at AdventHealth Dade City.
Hungry? Want to buy a gift or magazine? We offer a number of onsite services to make your visit more comfortable and convenient.
Food and Drink
Our cafeteria provides patients and their guests healthy, delicious meal options, including vegetarian selections and a fresh fruit and salad bar. Hot coffee and other beverages are also available.
The cafeteria serves breakfast and lunch seven days per week.
Vending machines offering beverages and snacks are located next to the cafeteria and are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for your convenience.
Hospital Gift Shop
We make it easy to surprise your loved one with a special gift. And you’re not just supporting their well-being; proceeds from gift shop sales are donated back to the hospital so we can better serve the needs of our patients and community.
Our gift shop is located in the main lobby. We also accept phone orders for flowers and gifts and are happy to provide personal delivery at no additional charge. To order a gift, call 352-518-1070.
- Patient Portal, Pricing, and Insurance
At AdventHealth Dade City, we recognize you have a choice when it comes to your health care. We are pleased to offer price estimates through our Patient Financial Services Department for prospective patients, to bring better clarity and understanding to your health care investment in advance of services.
Check the list below to find out if AdventHealth Dade City accepts your insurance. While we accept many different insurance providers, some of their plans do not cover treatment at AdventHealth Dade City. This list may not be fully up to date, if you see you insurance provider listed below, it’s still a good idea to check your individual policy or contact your insurance company to ensure your plan covers treatment. If you do not see your provider listed below, we offer convenient payment plan options and financial aid for those who qualify.
- Aetna Health Plans
- AvMed Health Plan HMOs
- Beech Street
- Blue Cross Blue Shield*
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Blue Select
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Health Options HMO (Blue Care)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Network Blue PPO (Blue Options)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – PPC PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Traditional Insurance
- Cigna HealthCare
- Coventry Health Care
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems, Inc. PPO
- FHHS-FH Care Advantage – FH Emp PPO
- FHHS-FH Care Advantage – Rosen
- First Health Network (The) PPO
- Fortified Provider Network PPO
- Health First Health Plans, Inc – FH Care Adv HMO
- Health First Health Plans, Inc. HMO
- Health Net Federal Services
- HealthOne Alliance, LLC/Alliant HMO
- Humana Health Plans
- MultiPlan, Inc.
- Plan Vista Solutions, Inc./NPPN/Stratose PPO
- Private Healthcare Systems
- United HealthCare Plans
- USA Managed Organization
*These contracts may not include all their products.
- Aetna Better Health – Healthy Kids
- Amerigroup Florida, Inc. – Medicaid and Healthy Kids
- Better Health
- Coventry Health Care, Inc. – Healthy Kids
- Magellan Complete Care
- Molina Healthcare of Florida, Inc.
- Prestige Health Choice, LLC
- Simply Health Plan, Inc. Clear Health
- Sunshine State Health Plan – Healthy Kids and Medicaid
- United HealthCare of Florida, Inc. Community Plan and Healthy Kids
- WellCare of Florida, Inc. – Staywell and Healthy Kids
- Aetna Health Inc Medicare Plans (HMO and PPO)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Medicare Adv HMO and PPO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida – Medicare PPO
- Care Plus Health Plan HMO
- Coventry Health and Life (Medicare Advantage HMO)
- Freedom Health Plans
- Humana Medicare Plans (HMO, PPO and PFFS)
- HUMANA MEDICARE HMO
- HUMANA MEDICARE PFFS
- HUMANA MEDICARE PPO
- Molina Healthcare of Florida, Inc
- Optimum Healthcare
- Simply Health Plan
- Sunshine State Health Plan – Medicare
- United HealthCare of Florida Medicare Plans
- Children's Medical Svcs. Network /Ped-I-Care
- Dr. Colin Plotkin & Son Consulting
- Europ Assistance/Canadian Medical Network PPO
- National Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- Tricare – Humana Military Healthcare Services, Inc. – Florida
- Beech Street Corporation
- Choice Managed Networks
- Corvel Corporation
- Coventry Health Care, Inc.
- First Health Network (The)
- Focus HealthCare Management, Inc.
- Heritage Summit Healthcare of Florida, Inc.
- Rockport Health Group
- USA Managed Organization
Insurance Plans Not Participating with AdventHealth Dade City
- BCBS – My Blue
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Advantage 65 Select B and D
- Find a Doctor
Find a doctor near you and learn more about our experts' commitment to compassionate care by visiting our Physician Directory.
Caring For Those Who Care
Being a caregiver is a full-time job. That's why we do everything we can to help support you and provide the information you need. Whether you want to refill a prescription for your loved one or need help contacting their insurance company, we’re here to help. Learn more about the caregiver resources and tools we offer to make your stay easier.