Your Roadmap to Health
On the road to whole health, it’s important to have a good travel partner and an accurate GPS to point the way. You’ll find both in our medical Imaging Services team. At AdventHealth Dade City, formerly Florida Hospital Dade City, our diagnostic imaging center features leading-edge technology that helps our experts create a roadmap for providing you the best, most effective care. With advanced bone density scanners, MRIs, X-rays, CT scans and a host of other imaging tools, we can pinpoint and diagnose your condition quickly and more precisely than ever. And we’ll do it with non- and minimally invasive procedures designed especially for your comfort. When you need help on your wellness journey, come see us. We’re here to light the way.
With Advanced Diagnostic Imaging
- World-Class Radiology and Medical Imaging Experts
When you're experiencing symptoms that cause you pain and stress, you need to know where that pain is coming from before you can start getting the relief you need. At AdventHealth Dade City, formerly Florida Hospital Dade City, our world-class medical imaging experts include board-certified radiologists and experienced technologists who work in collaboration with your physician to pinpoint the source of your symptoms, so you can move forward with your care. Our certified team includes:
- Radiologic technologists who are board-certified with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (AART)
- Radiologic technologists who are board-certified with the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT)
- Nuclear medicine technologists who are board certified by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (CNMT)
No matter what kind of screening your physician requests, you can trust that your Imaging Services team will work quickly to provide the answers you need.
- Medical Imaging Services at AdventHealth Dade City
The Imaging Services team at AdventHealth Dade City offers a range of diagnostic tools to help your doctor quickly detect what's going on inside your body. Our specially trained team of professionals provides exceptional medical imaging services, including:
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) scans measure the density and mineral content of your bones to screen for osteoporosis and calculate your risk of fractures.
- Cardiovascular Ultrasound
- Computed tomography (CT) scans examine the bones and soft tissues inside your body. Our special 164-slice CT scanner produces crisp images quickly while providing protection for your sensitive organs, such as the heart, eyes, breasts, and thyroid gland.
- Diagnostic X-rays can be used to assess broken bones, fractures, and other issues affecting the bones, muscles, and organs.
- Digital mammograms help us screen for breast cancer more quickly and effectively.
- Fluoroscopy creates a continuous moving image of the inside of your body through X-ray technology, which helps us more quickly identify any functionality issues.
- Interventional radiology provides diagnoses using imaging technology and minimally invasive procedures.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans take detailed pictures of the inside of your body.
- Nuclear medicine uses radiotracers to assess your body’s functions and catch diseases like cancer early.
- Ultrasounds (3D/4D) use sound waves to take pictures of the body’s internal organs and blood vessels.
Whatever medical imaging services you need, trust that your team of certified radiologists is here with advanced diagnostics to provide all the information necessary to take your next step toward healing.
- Preparing for Your Upcoming Screening
You have a screening or diagnostic imaging test scheduled, that’s good. It means you’ve made the first step toward identifying your health concerns. It’s natural to feel anxious going into a procedure, but we want you to know: we’ll be here with you, answering all your questions and guiding you through the whole process.
Your medical imaging test should last between 30 minutes and an hour. For some tests, you may need to change into scrubs or a gown, and we may ask you to remove any metal jewelry or electronic devices. In certain cases, you may need to fast for several hours beforehand. To help us get a clearer look at the inside of your body, we may ask you to drink a liquid called a contrast or a radiotracer, or we may inject this intravenously. You can trust that your exam will be either minimally invasive or non-invasive, which offers less scarring and shorter recovery times.
After your screening or diagnostic imaging test, a board-certified radiologist will assess your images, delivering results to your doctor as soon as possible. If you have any concerns or questions, just ask. We’re here to ease your mind as we help your body begin the healing process.
Whole Person Care and Support
Our multidisciplinary care team offers a wide variety of Imaging Services at locations that are convenient to you. We work to get you your results quickly so you can start getting the care you need. We’re also here to help connect you with the resources you need to overcome any roadblocks — whether it’s helping you find someone to drive you home after an imaging appointment or connecting you with support groups for people who share your diagnosis. Because at AdventHealth Dade City, it’s not just about healing your body; it’s about easing your mind, lifting your spirit, and getting you back to whole health as soon as possible.