For Our Most Precious Patients
Kids mean the world to us. When children face the prospect of a kidney, bone marrow or liver transplant, we're here. AdventHealth for Children, formerly Florida Hospital for Children, is a trusted sources of expertise in pediatric transplant medicine. Working closely with each family and child, we’ve created a highly successful program that offers the very latest in children's transplant medicine, utilizing the very best techniques and technologies.
Leading the Way in Pediatric Transplant Medicine
Bone Marrow Transplant
When bone marrow is replaced by cancer cells, or when a patient’s bone marrow cells are unable to divide and function normally, a bone marrow transplant may be necessary.
At AdventHealth for Children, formerly Florida Hospital for Children, you can find comfort knowing that your child will receive the best care from a professional team of kidney transplant specialists and a highly skilled support staff.
AdventHealth has been committed to saving lives through our transplant programs for more 50 years. We bring the same level of advanced and compassionate care to children in our community in need of liver transplants.
A Pediatric Liver Transplant Story
After 39 days on the donor list, 8-month old Teagan was matched with a liver and taken into surgery. This is her story.
Conditions We Treat
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myelogenous Leukemia
- Alagille's Syndrome (Bile Duct Paucity Syndrome)
- Alpha1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
- Alport Syndrome
- Berger Disease
- Biliary Atresia
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes
- Caroli Disease
- Chronic Active Hepatitis with Cirrhosis
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia
- Cirrhosis Secondary to Prolonged Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Congenital Hepatic Fibrosis
- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Ewing’s Sarcoma
- Familial Intra-Hepatic Cholestasis (Byler Disease)
- Fulminant Hepatic Failure
- Glycogen Storage Disease
- Goodpasture Syndrome
- Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- Henoch-Schönlein Purpura
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Hodgkin’s Disease
- Idiopathic Neonatal Hepatitis
- Juvenile Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Maple Syrup Urine Disease (MSUD)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Nail-Patella Syndrome
- Neonatal Hemochromatosis
- Nephropathic and Juvenile Cystinosis
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Obstructive Biliary Tract Liver Disease
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Posterior Urethral Valves
- Prune Belly Syndrome
- Severe Aplastic Anemia
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Urea Cycle Deficiency
- Ureteropelvic Junction Obstruction
- Vesicoureteral Reflux
- Wegener Granulomatosis
- Wilson’s Disease
To put your child at ease, we have created a scare-free zone where patients feel right at home among the many familiar special touches that make our hospital kid-friendly. Plus, every member of our staff cares deeply about the health and well-being of our young patients and goes out of their way to make your visit here as stress-free as possible.
To learn more about AdventHealth for Children's transplant program, call Call407-303-5437.