Birthmarks are discolored areas of skin that appear at birth or shortly after birth. Over 80% of babies may have some kind of birthmark. There are many types of birthmarks. Most are benign, but some may be problematic. At AdventHealth for Children, formerly Florida Hospital for Children, our goal is to help you have a diagnosis and birthmark treatment plan as early as possible.
Frequent Family Questions
- When should I see a doctor or a dermatologist?
- Are there treatment options for pigmented birthmarks?
- Are there treatment options for vascular birthmarks?
- How many birthmark treatments will my child have to go through?
- Do you do the laser treatment in your office?
- What can I expect as a parent after the laser treatments?
- Does insurance cover laser treatments?
Request a Consultation
Whether you’re not sure where to start or are seeking a second opinion, our pediatric dermatology team is here to help. Request an appointment today to learn how we can support you and your child in restored confidence, health and comfort.